Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Trumbull High School 4

Posted December 20, 2015
Graduated in 2011. This school is great if you're into sports, or if you take Honors or AP classes. Doing both is even better. If you were like me however, the newspaper, school play, Broken Shells, and chorus was your passion. I was in mostly average classes, but my science and math classes were low. It was called 200 my freshman year, and then became college prep. My average classes were 300, but became advanced college prep. It wasn't always great being part of the "other" group of kids, since it made me feel disconnected from the school at times, but I had a fantastic time being a creative high schooler. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I always knew that Trumbull High was a great school to go to, because of the low amount of violence, but I never felt at home. I also had less money than most of the kids in school, which really made it tough to make friends. Most of my friends were out of town kids who attended Trumbull High's agriscience program. Almost all of my close friends were in it, while I was not. They were some of the nicest kids in school, so that's why we were friends. I was always grateful to be in a safe school, but it did have it's incident's. I would give it an 8 out of 10. 7 at the lowest. Nothing below a 7 though.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted December 20, 2015
Some were better than others. The math department had a few issues. However, I have always struggled with math, so I'm coming from that kind of a place.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted June 25, 2015
In the honors and AP classes, they are fine. In lower classes, not so much. The math department seems to have a plethora of bad teachers. I haven't met a single parent who has been happy with the child's math teacher.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted June 25, 2015
You have to fight through the system, so the student has to be very determined if they want to succeed.

Trumbull High School 3

Posted June 25, 2015
In some ways THS is a reasonable large public high school. I am impressed with the guidance counselor that I have found to be very wise and helpful. AP courses definitely have the best teachers and my kids have enjoyed them. The math department is inadequate, however, and I have also had the experience of a teacher promising a particular class depending on grades and then going back on the promise. None of my kids have had excellent, or even good, math teachers. In one of the classes this year 75% of the class failed the final. When I called the school they said that wasn't true, despite the fact that the class had been berated by the administration already. There are four HUGE problems, apart from academics, in the school-the first: discipline. For the teachers to report someone, it is very unwieldy, so teachers don't report, either cheating, lying or vaping with e-cigarettes. Vaping is rampant in school, in front of teachers. In classes, this means that the teachers don't reprimand students even if they are being disruptive. No one gets sent out of classes as far as I can tell. Second: diversity, as people below said, is very problematic. There are no training programs; no one seems to mind who says what to whom and the atmosphere can be quite toxic. Three: the band. The school invests a lot of time, money and energy into the band at the expense of other things. Band kids get favored and are let off assignments when they are too busy. If they spent more time on training the math teachers and less on band, I think it would be very useful. Talking of money-we haven't had a full time district coordinator of curriculum for a while. The town spent $90,000 on someone to oversee the parks and golf course, however! This is the wrong emphasis. The Board of Education does not solicit feedback from the parents and neither does the school. Four: the school is very crowded and claustrophobic when classes transition. My daughter is constantly getting shoved and pulled with her backpack.

Trumbull High School 3

Posted December 04, 2014
Trumbull HIgh is a very large school that offers an amazing number of activities; drama, athletics, marching band and clubs. It's a perfect school for those who are confident and assertive. It will be a LONELY 4 years if you go in with few friends and are shy and don't make yourself participate in after school activities. Participating is the only way of making close friends since the school is so large. Academically i have no complaints. My daughter is in honors and AP classes and has great teachers. She had an issues in a couple of classes and my emails were answered immediately. Her guidance counselor was also very responsive. A rating of 5 would be in order if you are basing it only on test scores.. I rate it a 3 since this school is definitely not for everyone and there is a certain lack of that community feel due to its size.

Trumbull High School 1

Posted October 27, 2014
honestly id give this school 0 stars..i was there for 4 years and hated every minute from the second i walked in to the day of graduation. horrible school and teachers dont care and favortism and racisum is a big problem in this school i cant say I liked anything because i jus didnt...i wouldent rcommend anyone to go to this school. WORST SCHOOL EVER, IT RUINED MY HIGH SCHOOL EXPERIENCE!

Trumbull High School 5

Posted April 22, 2014
My son graduated from Trumbull High, Trumbull High had him well prepared for college and becuase of that he has done well

Trumbull High School 5

Posted April 21, 2014
Trumbull High is a 5 star school. I had three kids graduate from there - each went on to a successful collegiate experience and, the two that have already graduated have succeeded in acquiring exceptional employment. All three of my children said the same thing to me, "My senior year at Trumbull High was the best year of my life." Of course, since then, they've had many wonderful years and I'm delighted that they started in Trumbull.

Trumbull High School 1

Posted August 31, 2013
This school is terrible. My son was in Algebra I math class last year. He was told by his teacher, if he got an A average in the class and nothing less than an A- on each of the tests, then he would be in the honors Algebra II class. He did his part, he worked very hard, studied and got the A's. He had checked back in with the head of the math department half way through the year, and they confirmed he would be in the honors Algebra II class if he kept up his grades through year end. The school broke their promise. They told him the honors class was full after he got his final grade of an A (and all A- or above on tests throughout the year). My son worked hard, getting A's all through the year. Trumbull High School math department has an obligation to put him in the Honors Algebra II, but they made excuses. instead they then told him he would have to take yet ANOTHER test, and if he got an A on that..... This also effected his honors chemistry class he was registered in, his science teacher put him in honors chemistry, but the Trumbull school pulled him saying he had to be registered in honors Algebra II. THIS SCHOOL IS TERRIBLE.

72 Strobel Rd, Trumbull, CT  06611
Last modified Trumbull High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.