St. Bernard High School 1

Posted August 20, 2014
SBS is by far the worst school in the area. It has teachers there that are not even trained educators or certified and don't even care since they walk out the door often times within minutes of the students. The teachers are inferior in the academic standards required for excellence. Having been a student there that attended for 7 years through the horrible Academy (6-8) and then High School I can speak from direct experience. Poor course selections that limited my academic experience overall. I made High Honors at SBS and sometimes just honors (twice) but I dropped out of college since I feel that I was constantly not prepared for the challenge of college level courses. I was always disappointed my first year of college and would constantly tell my parents that I wasn't prepared for college and St. Bernard did not properly prepare me both socially, academically. I attended St. Bernard with kids that were "kicked out" of other schools or struggled in other area high schools and their parents or grandparents decided to send them to St. Bernard since they take anyone with drug issues or other. 52 kids in a class is not a great experience for anyone preparing for a college.

St. Bernard High School 1

Posted August 08, 2014
I am a graduate of Saint Bernard. Unlike other reviewers, I contend that the academics at Saint Bernard were at best subpar, and at worst simply terrible. The lack of advanced classes is very worrisome - the school when I attended lacked many AP classes, including (some highlights, many more than the following list): AP Physics, AP Computer Science, AP Calculus BC , AP Statistics, AP Economics, and AP Music Theory. The teaching in existing classes wildly varies. There are some excellent teachers (though more and more are retiring each year), however there are at least as many, if not more, awful teachers who honestly cannot teach and leave students with inadequate knowledge. Furthermore, all classes generally teach to the bottom group of students; advanced students will, even in the most advanced classes, find themselves hopelessly bored. Honestly, I would not have been prepared for college had it not been for my own reading and preparation. At best, perhaps I could have been a mediocre student; but, one should never aim for mediocrity, especially at the cost of $10,000 a year. If you want an academically fulfilling experience, find a good private school that can provide that.

Posted October 28, 2010
From a 2010 graduate. SBS provides unequaled academics and nurtures core values which promote lives of leadership and service to others . With small classes and committed and caring teachers, students are part of a "family" environment which encourages each of us to reach our individual potential. Not only do Saint Bernard graduates continue their educations at some of the nation's finest colleges, we leave prepared for success as students and leaders in our communities.

Posted March 30, 2010

Posted June 18, 2007
I graduated from SBHS in 2004. I am now a student a History Major, Business Studies Minor and in the Pre-Law Program at Providence College in RI. Truly, the caring teachers and excellent educational experience I receivced from SBHS is why I am where I am today.

Posted May 12, 2005
St. Bernard High School educates the whole child. Each student is treated as someone special and is given lots of personal attention. At St. Bernard's, an individual can develop his or her God given talents in many areas. The school offers extracurricular activities in sports, clubs, and other interests. The academic program is challenging and prepares the student for college. The school environment is friendly and accepting of all types of personalities and backgrounds. I highly recommend St. Bernard's to parents who want their child in a safe, challenging, and happy environment. ***** excellent school.

Posted February 23, 2004

St. Bernard High School
1593 Norwich New London Tpke, Uncasville, CT  06382
Last modified St. Bernard High School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
St. Bernard High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.