Posted November 04, 2012
For Christmas I would like to buy my grandson some of the books he will need next year when he is in the 2nd grade. Can someone please provide me with some titles? I would really appreciate it! My son and daughter-in-law tell me that The Union School is an excellant school! Thanks!

Posted August 03, 2012
I LOVE Union School! I have three children who have been in several different academic settings (private, private Christian, and then public school). Before we made the transition to Union School, everyone told us it had the feel of a real neighborhood school, and it is such a warm place. There is a wide variety of opportunities for kids to discover interests and get involved, including string lessons, orchestra, choir, sports, student council, Editorial Board, ski club, various after school classes, and additional opportunities such as the Hershey Track Meet and the worthwhile Lauren Avezzie Fun Run. Each of my child's teachers was very devoted and very loving, all while holding students to a high standard. I felt that my child's teachers really knew what his strengths and weaknesses were, and helped him work to his potential. There is a great school spirit, with kids really enjoying their time with each other. There is significant participation in school events. I have been impressed with the quality of the education and leadership at Union School, and all for no more than the cost of our taxes! Families in Unionville are extremely fortunate to have this school.

Posted December 10, 2008

Posted July 19, 2008
My daughter has thrived at Union School! Every staff member really cares about the kids, from the principal through the teachers and right down to the maintenance staff. The PTO is welcoming and active. They support lots of extra programs during and after school. Families are always welcome in the school. My little one loves to visit his big sister for lunch in the cafeteria. (Those little packages of chocolate milk are exciting) Starting in second grade all children are given the opportunity to take stringed instrument lessons in school. I was shocked when my seven year-old was able to play the violin. That skill was a big boost to her self-esteem. As a former teacher and mom I wouldn't send my kids anywhere else.

Posted April 04, 2008
My daughter is in the third grade, she loves her friends and teachers, enjoy her school days there. Her report card is awesome. I couldn't have asked any better.

Posted November 27, 2006
Union Elementary School is a thriving educational and social environment. The teachers and staff are attentive and caring to All students and to each other. Parents are welcome to be involved in the classroom, on field trips, with PTO and extra curricula activities. There are before school sports, amazing music and drama programs, special programs, author visits, and so much more offered to the children in this community. The safety of the children always come first and any issues are addressed with parents and children if they arise. I am a proud parent of Union School children and proud of the work that our teachers and staff put forth everyday!

Union School 3

Posted July 08, 2006
There is a definite lack of concern relating to bullying and major physical abuse. On the other hand, there is an overstated policy with regard to peanut allergies. More parental involvement is necessary for children to actually be safe in this environment.

Posted February 21, 2006
'My Son has gone to Union Elementry School since he was 5.5 years old. He started there as a kindergartner and now is in 2nd grade. Union Elementry is a school where it is everything about children. There teachers are all very skilled, work really sincerely and soft spoken. The school has so many extra programmes like art classes, music play ground activities, field trips and holiday celebrations. The principal is kind and smiling lady. I feel proud to be part of Farmington School district because it is known as one of the best school district in Connecticut and we definately have seen best so far in Union Elementry school.

Union School 4

Posted July 08, 2005

Union School
173 School St, Unionville, CT  06085
Last modified Union School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Union School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top