Wallingford, CT

Highland School 4

Posted December 29, 2012
I was really hesitant about going to Highland after years of being a Yalesville Elementary family. I am now such a huge fan. The office staff has been consistently friendly and efficient and the teachers I have met so far ( and some that are from Yalesville) have been great. Very happy to send my daughter here.

Highland School 2

Posted February 19, 2005
I use to love this school, but this year i have run across a teacher that should have retired years ago. She cannot deal with special needs children. I don't really know why so many of them were put in her room. She does not comply with IEP's. The principal does a good job of backing her up. I would like to know why it is that teachers like this are allowed to get away with things like this with no accountablility. The other teachers that my child has had have been wonderful, and very supportive. I think the state needs to look more into the school systems and how they are dealing with special needs children. This has been a very harmful year for my son. They want to mainstream kids but then they don't provide the services for them that they need. Help!

Highland School