Posted July 08, 2014
I am about to start my senior year at LHHS, and I would say that the school is average, if not slightly below. I've found that my experience has been similar to most of the other student reviews. There are definitely a couple of teachers who have really made a difference for me, but beyond that, I would say that most of them were nothing special. Some of them were obviously just coming in to earn a paycheck, and that really is disappointing as a student. I've overheard several teachers sitting in the school library and complaining to each other about the administrators, or in some cases, problem students. At this point, I feel like I am still unprepared for college or a career, and the staff put a lot of pressure on students regarding their future plans, without offering any real guidance. I've also noticed a lack of discipline, especially among kids who are in general-level classes (I am mostly in honors courses and I can definitely see a difference) mainly because of a lack of action on the part of the administrators. All in all, if I had to do it again, I would probably have chosen to attend a different school.

Lyman Hall High School 2

Posted November 11, 2013
As a senior, I'd have to say the school's alright. It was better years ago and honestly it's just gotten worse over time. There are some really great teachers who have made a huge impact on my life but then there are the majority, who did not better my education whatsoever. Most complain about the "higher ups" constantly and don't being their 100% effort. It's hard to learn when you know your teacher doesn't even want to be there... It's pretty sad actually. I don't regret the friends I've made, but I wish I got a better education. Even taking AP classes and honors all these years, I still feel like they did not prepare me for life or college. Everyone I've talked to about this feels the same way too. As a student who's gone through this himself, I suggest looking into sending your child to a different school. It might seem great at first, but once the months go on you'll realize your student will learn more elsewhere...

Lyman Hall High School 1

Posted November 10, 2013
The school isn't accepting of Hispanics or blacks. Daughter was miserable so I took her out and put her in platt.

Posted August 20, 2012
I am about to be a sophomore in LHHS, and so far it's pretty ok. I didn't really like how last year went not because of the classes, but because of the students there. I am pretty shy and bad at making friends, and some of the students there are really mean and foolish while others can be really friendly. I've made a few friends and acquaintances, and I hope to make more. I do alright academically. I did a bit better than I did while I was in middle school, and I really liked the teachers I had last year. One thing that I am happy about is that the school has a Latin course that I'm taking right now and I feel proud of myself for it. I had to give this 3 stars because of the mean students and my isolation and the ok classes the school has.

Lyman Hall High School 4

Posted July 29, 2011
I went to this School for my freshman year. And I loved it! I wish I could go back, but we moved:( It's a very diverse group of people at this school, very open and friendly. Students receive a lot of freedom, (which can be a good or bad thing depending on the student) Overall I liked almost all of my teachers, except one. Overall, it's a very unusual high school, on Halloween EVERYONE dressed up and The Vo-ag department had a 'vo-ag' week, there were animals everywhere! which made school a lot more interesting. lol My only complaint is that receiving help for special needs students is a bit of a process and takes way too long (If you weren't using services at your last school). But, when I was finally recorded as needing Special Ed services, I found it to be very helpful. My assisted study hall teacher was very friendly and non-judgmental.

Lyman Hall High School 5

Posted April 02, 2011
As a former student who graduated from Lyman Hall last year and must say it is a very good place to receive a high school education. Of course some of the teachers weren't necessarily the best or brought their best effort everyday but nearly 95% of the faculty and staff at Lyman Hall are very knowledgeable and enjoy working with students for them to achieve their academic and personal best. Thanks to LH I am now at a great University, where I am doing very well and I am very happy none of that would have been possible with out LH, so I will always be thankful for what LH taught in the classroom and about Life through a multitude of extracurricular activities... I would recommend this school!

Lyman Hall High School 0

Posted February 16, 2010
I am a Freshman at LHHS and I am in the Vo-Ag program. I love it! It is a terrific school and now we have a new Vo-Ag building to use, it is simply wonderful! :)

Posted February 02, 2010
The school has an excellent History, English,and language department. The elective courses are amazing but the science department is beyond horrible and the math department is lacking. Discipline is also lacking mostly because the teachers don't report trouble makers in the class. To avoid a distracting class honors and A.P classes are the way to go. The higher level classes are filled with the kids who want to learn and are likely to motivate those round them to learn. Lyman Hall is the kind of school that doesn't build you future for you. The student is given the tools and he or she must find out for themselves how to use them.

Lyman Hall High School 2

Posted January 15, 2010

Lyman Hall High School 5

Posted May 05, 2009

Lyman Hall High School
70 Pond Hill Rd, Wallingford, CT  06492
Last modified Lyman Hall High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lyman Hall High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top