Posted April 16, 2013
This school did a wonderful job of preparing my child for college. The teachers were engaged, the class sizes were small, and the majority of my students friends were very well equipped to move forward with their education. There were many extracurricular activities and the campus is lovely. Beyond that, the administration went out of their way with my daughter, who grew up abroad since I was working overseas. The helped foster her confidence in taking courses in English for the first time in her life. I am very grateful to the school.

Posted February 27, 2010
This school is really good in general. Although you may not mess with all the teachers you get, you will learn a lot from them. They use new, and creative approaches to give you the information you need to move on and be successful in your life. There are varying classes so that everyone can find something they love to do, on top of all the extracurriculars. There are also differing sports that are available for play at Sheehan. The students are reletivly kind, and everyone always pulls together when needed, such as with the recent budget cuts. Don't forget the powderpuff game either! As seniors all girls are able to play in a flag football game against Lyman Hall, the school's rival. It was originated here, and now is one of the biggest town events offered. It really demonstrates how close everyone is during the year at school.

Posted December 09, 2009
Mark T. Sheehan is a really good school. It has a close community and 100% comfortable. Teachers very with personality but they are young and bright. Theres a lot of school activities, clubs, and sports. Rumors get around fast, they get around anywhere fast, but if you do good you have nothing to worry about. The guidence department is so helpful, and are authority has 0 tolerence.

Posted August 08, 2008
Apart from an outstanding academic curriculum, Sheehan High School offers a plethora of extracurricular for students to participate in. Sheehan offers something for everyone, from a broad array of clubs (spanish, german, etc.) to competitive athletic teams (Sheehan's ice hockey team made it to the state semi-finals this past season: http://www.sheehanhockey.com )

Posted July 04, 2008
I have learned the following from my education at Sheehan, and Wallingford schools in general: My reading level was that of a 12th grade student when I was in third grade. I was able to to take CLEP examinations with minimal studying (just to refresh) and achieved almost near perfect scores in English and History; after attending 4 years of Spanish in this school, I am bilingual. Sheehan teachers are talented and superb. Please don't ever make the mistake that since Sheehan is public, why aren't the teachers at Choate? They could be, and some have been offered these chances, however, teachers are welcome to accept a better pay scale and better benefits. The majoity of teachers I had, received their masters as well, and have travelled in order to participate in sabbaticals. Please review the background of this school at their consistent high test scores. I was able to attend Smith.

Posted May 24, 2008
This school is above average for a public school. The reason why this school doesn't get 5 stars is because it is full of people (as with any high school) that think they are 'rebels without a cause' Many student however grow out of this. Sheehan High is like this, doors of oppturnities are opened for you but it is your job to go through those doors.

Mark T. Sheehan High School 3

Posted March 02, 2007
- a former student
Granted, I'm not a parent; however, I am a former student, and I believe this therefore qualifies me to evaluate the school's strengths and weaknesses. This school is not terrible. And there are teachers who can teach and who try their best to showcase their ability every class. But it could be better. And there could be more diversity and attempts to diversify. But that is more the fault of the town than the school itself, and for that I will simply stick to my initial opinion of 'this school is not terrible.' However, I do think that this is really all that can be said of Sheehan.

Posted September 28, 2006
- a former student
As a former student I'd like to say that MTS prepared me emensly for college. I tested out of both Freshman English and all my math courses for college. The teaches are there for the students who need them and the new teachers blend right in .

Mark T. Sheehan High School 3

Posted August 12, 2006
This is a middle class school with potential. Their theatre arts program is wonderful. The teaching is somewhere in the middle as there are committed teachers as well as burned out teachers. I would like to see more teacher-parent involvement. It is in a quiet location with nice amenities.

Posted January 16, 2006
- a former student
This is a good middle class school. There are not alot of students per teacher which keeps the class size down. They have nice amenities such as a pool and planeterium which alot of others school do not.

Mark T. Sheehan High School
142 Hope Hill Rd, Wallingford, CT  06492
Last modified Mark T. Sheehan High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mark T. Sheehan High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top