Wallingford, CT

Moses Y. Beach School 3

Posted September 09, 2011
My Daughter entered the kindergarten classes last year at MYB and i had a not very pleasant experience. She went to half day classes and they only were in the class about 2 1/2 hours. She had a teacher who was dying to retire after 35+ years. The teacher was grumpy and not energetic or exciting at all. My daughter didnt learn anything at the school. I was very dissappointed. I think she did better at home with me before she even went to school. Its sad that kindergarten for her was like a daycare anywhere else. I am considering taking her out of school because i think she would do better at home with me. Her first grade teacher just sent home a paper saying that this year they will learn in math how to add and subtract up to 9+9 and 9-9.l My daughter already knows this and i am thinking she will be bored this year too.

Moses Y. Beach School 4

Posted December 08, 2010
I think the teachers are very good, but the current change in making it a K-2 grade only school was a bad idea. So many good teachers had to stop teaching the grade they loved because of this and now when ever you try to drop off your kids in the morning you can't even move your car. Nobody bothers to monitor the drop off anymore and if you complain they literally just ignore you. Sad change...it was so efficient last year, never a problem now it's like they just don't care.

Moses Y. Beach School 0

Posted March 24, 2010
not enough security. I don't like how the school is so open to anybody walking in. Whatever happened to the safety of the children.

Moses Y. Beach School 4

Posted February 12, 2009

Moses Y. Beach School 5

Posted January 01, 2009
i absolutely love the attention my daughter receives from the teachers at MYB

Moses Y. Beach School 5

Posted July 19, 2008
Been there for six years- it was really good! I loved my teachers! I could hardly think of a way it could have been better. It is definately the friendliest school in Wallingford.

Moses Y. Beach School 3

Posted April 01, 2007
Very disappointed with the Pre-K program. My other children attended private nursery school programs and learned much more than the Pre-K curriculum offered my son at Beach. The staff was very kind and seem tied by the constraints of the curriculum.

Moses Y. Beach School