Washington, CT

Rumsey Hall School 1

Posted November 20, 2014
Sent our daughter here for a year after being dissatisfied with our local public school. We were not at all made to feel welcome. Also, my daughter is a soccer player (made varsity freshman year in high school) and despite having the skills and athleticism to make varsity she was not even a starter on their varsity B. None of the girls were. We found this to be sexist. There is not even a varsity girls team, only a boys. Also, the "win at all costs" attitude seemed to be too much for this age. When a team beat ours, the next time we played them we brought starters from varsity. Winning is not the only thing in the world!

Posted March 27, 2014
Este Colegio es excelente!) Provee a los estudiantes con ambiente de amor, disciplina y alegria. Un sentido de familia y de excelencia academica. El programa deportivo es exigente y de alto nivel. Los profesores son amigables pero disciplinados.

Posted March 03, 2012
Amazing school! I have a child with ADD, and school has always been tough for him. But, this year we decided to send him here. Such an improvement! They offer great structure for him and help him shape who he wants to be. Also, the athletic and arts programs are amazing. He has become very confident in himself, making varsity sports and doing much better in school. Thank you Rumsey Hall!

Posted June 04, 2011
Rumsey Hall School is an absolutely amazing place. The students, teachers, and faculty all support each other and help them to be their best. Teachers will go completely out of their way to help a student and expect nothing in return. My confidence has grown tremendously from my experience at Rumsey. Coming here was the best thing I could have ever done. As my acceptance letter stated, Rumsey really is a family- a family I know I will always be a part of. Now going on to a boarding school for grade 10-12 I know I will be fully prepared. Anyone looking for a great junior boarding school be sure to consider Rumsey first!! Recent Alumni

Rumsey Hall School 1

Posted June 18, 2010
My family used to love this school. But after my children graduated, we found that they were unprepared for highschool. My kids lost so much of their ill-founded confidence. In retrospect, the school seems insular in that the leaders and teachers don't explore the skills kids need to succeed in high school. What a disappointment. Buyer beware.

Posted March 30, 2010
Pardon me! I will rate this school a TEN STAR SCHOOL out of a possible FIVE!! Am I breaking the law here? Some smartie will ask, as if to put me on the defensive,.........'wherein lies your Proof?' Excuse me, do you really want to know? Then I call on my star witness and special exhibit, Mr. Uzodinma Ndukwe!!! Some critic will ask: is he not just an embodiment of your genes? Folks, this is where I come in. Gene expression is one thing, but nurturing the mind so that those genes can be expressed is an invaluable attribute that only a School like Rumsey Hall can provide. The quiet environment, the high level of dicipline and drive to achieve inculcated in its students, its challenging curricula, its formidable staff, its excellent extracuricular activities and a host of other good things make Rumsey Hall School the best choice. Congratulation Rumsey Hall!!!

Posted October 14, 2008
This school is amazing, the students, the faculty and it's community are all there to support one another. The effort list every tuesday mornings gives students the confidence and assurance that they are doing well. My son had a terrific experience at Rumsey Hall and became a responsible, organized successful student. Rumsey gave him the tools he needed to adjust to a boarding school environment for 10-12 grade. Rumsey will always hold a place in the hearts of our family.

Posted April 10, 2006

Posted December 09, 2004
- a former student
As an alumni of the school I expected it to be in many ways the same for my children as it was for me. It was not only as good but in many ways so much better than I had imagined. My children (ages 12 and 7 )have blossemed in ways I could never have hoped for. Their growth is due to the support and encouragement of the faculty. The treasure of the school is the headmaster Mr. Farmen whose influence creates a spirit of trust and curiousity that is as unique in any learning environment.

Posted September 27, 2004
A great, warm environment where the children are taught honesty, kindness and respect along with their subjects. The faculty and staff are amazing, high energy, interesting individuals. The student body is made up of different races, nationalities and religions (especially in the upper school), it's a great exposure! Our oldest is in 7th grade and has been there since K. Middle child is in 5th and little one in 2nd. They love, we love. When there have been problems or controvery, I've been listened to by the head master or appropriate teacher. I wish the dining service would nix the fried dough pizza option (every month or so, it's served). But that would be our only complaint!

Rumsey Hall School