Waterbury, CT

Posted November 27, 2013
My daughter began kindergarten in August and loves it ! Love the community and all of the opportunities being made available. Highly recommended ( this from a public school teacher parent)!

Posted October 06, 2013
This school is a little gem in Waterbury. When you drive by the grounds are beautifully landscaped and the school always looks in great condition but more importantly its what is going on inside. BSS has a new principal who has revamped the framework of the school. The children are now involved in STEM learning activities, Close reading, Student Advisory, a fine arts program as well as an excellent athletic program and extracurricular clubs. Having a new principal who has been involved with the public schools for many years Blessed Sacrament is now current with all of the best practices in teaching including SRBI trained teachers. My family has been involved with Blessed Sacrament School for many years and I can say honestly that the school has never been better. This year brought back the beloved Blessed Sacrament Children's Theatre as well as introducing a very successful carnival this year. The school community is a tight-knit family atmosphere and we are very proud to be a part of it. I know that the friends my children have made at this school will be lifelong friends not to mention the new friendships we as parents have made. This is a great place!

Posted September 22, 2013
I am very proud of this school. My daughter is now in the second grade and is doing quite well. There have been some changes the last few years however they have been for the better! We have an excellent sports program, theater arts program and new kitchen just to name a few. We have a Fathers club which is very involved with many fundraising events. We just put on a fantastic carnival in which everyone participated in. The whole Blessed Sacrament community comes together. This is a great school!

Posted April 01, 2013
My daughter is a second grader in Blessed Sacrament. I feel that we are a community based school, that treat each other as family. I have never seen so many parents and faculty as involved in any other schools. We have so many activities planned for the children to get together after school, and new programs being started every year. We have teachers who go out of their way to make your children feel st home, and encouraging them every step of the way. I feel that like any school, we will not always agree on everything, but the principal, faculty, Father, and Home school association is always looking for feedback to make the school the best it can be. My daughter always feels her friends are family at school. I could not ask for more then that. As far as academics, my daughter has been reading to me every night, and loves math. She is always talking about her older friends "helpers" that are always looking out for them and even help with homework after school. When I look it over she explains how she did it and tells me they didn't do it for her, but helped her figure it out.

Posted March 05, 2013
I have two children in this school and would not send them to any other Catholic School in my district. You will not find better teachers that care for your children then Blessed Sacrament. The parents are 100 percent behind their school in academics and sports. This is a very nuturing school and a safe school to send your children. Just come in and you'll see what it means to part of our family.

Posted March 05, 2013
I am a proud BSS parent of two girls grade 3 and PK4 and cannot speak highly enough of this school. The education that they are receiving is amazing. The PK program is an unbelievablle stepping stone. My daughter at age 4 can say so many prayers, and was reciting the Pledge of Allegiance in just a few months, but she is also exposed to unbelievable technology, art programs, music programs, gym which will help make her "kindergarten ready" in the fall. Her teahers are nuturing and make her day fun! At a third grade level my oldest is already famiiar with Pre-Algebra and will be learning Latin next year! She absolutely loves her school. Blessed Sacrament Catholic Day School has won our hearts and we are very happy to be a part of its family.

Blessed Sacrament Catholic Day School 4

Posted March 04, 2013
All three of my children are attending or have graduated from Blessed Sacrament. I love the safe, friendly, family atmosphere this school offers. The academic and moral expectations are held high for all students, as they should be. Most teachers in this school have been there for generations. As a teacher myself, I know this is a sign of working in a great place with good people. There is strong tradition and pride. The parental involvement opportunities allow every parent to be a part of the Blessed Sacrament family. Teachers truly care about the students. I strongly recommend this school.

Posted March 04, 2013
I have two children in attendance at this fantastic institution of higher learning! My 5v yr old (who is in Kindergarten) reads Dr. Suess books to me at night!! That's fabulous! There are wonderful, bright, committed teachers who are supported by a new administration! Our own Pastor and Priest have been involved in so many great things that are directly related to developing a sense of community, leadership and the spirit of giving! We have a fabulous Children's Theatre getting ready to perform the musical "Annie" and as parents, we are sp proud! We have a dedicated Father's Club! They get together and play basketball in our school gym on Sunday nights, and volunteer to help out with nearly every school activity! Oh - dont forget Bingo on Thursday nights! Come for a chance to win the big jackpot!

Posted March 04, 2013
My daughter has flourished at this school. Yes, some teachers have chosen to leave,but those that are there are there for the children. The school has gone through changes, but the children are not lacking for anything. Visit the school. Talk to the parents. There is an opportunity for all families to get involved in our school community.

Posted February 28, 2013
After visiting several schools Blessed Sacrament seemed to be the only choice as far as I was concerned. Their academic expectation was clearly higher than the other area parochial schools. But what swayed me the most was the welcoming feeling when I visited the school. The parents were so friendly and obviously knew each other well and had made great friendships. Its a small school and the kids are able to build strong relationships as there is one class per grade. My child calls her class her "family" and I love that. Blessed Sacrament was my first choice way back when and I've never looked back.

Blessed Sacrament Catholic Day School
386 Robinwood Road, Waterbury, CT  06708
Last modified Blessed Sacrament Catholic Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Blessed Sacrament Catholic Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top