No rating

Our Lady Of Mount Carmel School

Private | PK-8 | 261 students

Living in Waterbury

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $101,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,070.

Posted November 10, 2013

I attended school here in the 70s. I hope nothing has changed and that this school, the academics, student body and teachings stay exactly as they were and that the politically correct dont ruin this too

Posted June 20, 2013

my daughter has attended OLMC since 1rst grade and it has been up and down but mostly up. Scholastically, I was impressed in 1rst grade, 2nd not so much, and 3rd very pleased! The case load is heavy and vigorous but I am one of those parents that like the challenge. Socially, my daughter had to adapt, all children must but what she was faced with I didn't expect until at least 4th maybe 5th grade with the cattiness of some of the girls there. I do like that they start language early on although the only language taught is Italian being that its an Italian based school. The activities are a great way to get families more involved which I appreciate as well. The school is also diverse which I also appreciate. Look forward to another 4yrs.

Posted November 2, 2012

MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS SCHOOL IS WONDERFUL WE ARE IN THE PROCESS PUTTING OUR SECOND CHILD THROUGH , I WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE

Posted November 1, 2012

I am going to miss this school and all of my friends and teachers. I am graduating this year and will have to leave. I have made many great friends here and had great teachers. I have been here since Kindergarten. I am sorry I have to leave this school.

Posted October 31, 2012

OLMC is a fantastic school. My husband attended there and had such a great experience, we now have 5 children there. The principal is fantastic as is the rest of the staff. My children are all soring and doing so well. They have so much to offer the students and they are always getting the best. Kids begin foreign language in 3rd grade!

Posted May 2, 2010

i hate mount carmel its my last year here and all the teachers except for one seem to hate us. my class is constantly getting detentions and yelled at for things we never did. we dont alot either, most of my teachers barely teach us. overall i woud never tell anybody to send their child here. the school just plain out is a embarrassment
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 9, 2010

We have been a part of this great school for nine years. It consists of excellent teachers, academics and extracurricular activities for the children. It is a wonderful, religious learning environment for all of the children. I wouldn't choose any other school for my children.

Posted February 23, 2010

Absolutely Love this School! Catholic Education at its finest. Holy Cross High School gives out 3 full tuition scholarships per year and the principal sent a notice home yesterday that for the 7th year in a row one of our 8th graders got one but this year was the first year that 2 of our 8th graders got one of the three. The academic performance of my children is excellent. I love how they split the Math classes starting in 6th grade so the kids get more one on one attention. The School is part of a wealthy Italian oriented Catholic Parish so class size is capped at 27 unlike some other Catholic Schools that jam the kids into 30++ classes because they need the tuition money. The Children attend Mass every Tuesday and the Priest and Nun visit the classes regularly. The School building is well kept and immaculate.

Posted December 17, 2009

the staff is great and this school is very great for anybody that wants a decent education
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 1, 2009

I would highly Recremond this school for any one.

Posted July 1, 2008

My daughter is entering 5th grade at OLMC in the fall. She LOVED her 3rd and 4th grade teachers there and the principal and staff are WONDERFUL! She was challenged academically and still made honor roll on her report card. I'm so happy I took the time to tour several schools, but not one of the others even compared to OLMC.

Posted October 17, 2005

My son has attended Mt. Carmel since kindergarten,The school is wonderful and the education is top of the line.This school has alot to offer in every area.I highly reccomend this school to any parent seeking a high quality private education for their child.

Posted March 8, 2005

My son attends OLMC and loves it. The classes are smaller leaving more time for the child. They have plays and alot of activites for children. The staff are wonderful, caring people. Great school!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 4%

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman Catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious