Bad
Good

Wonderful school, great programs, great activities, awesome teachers, I'm so happy to have had 2 kids attend. I highly recommend parents apply for the lottery to get in.

Best magnet school in the area!! I love this school! Wonderful programs, very hands on. The teachers are always cheerful and genuinely get involved in all aspects of teaching. The palette awards are great example of that. Great communication between parent liaisons and parents. The Vice principle makes time to talk with me regarding any concerns I had. Great follow up. I only wish the school went to 8th grade. My son has been there since preK and absolutely loves it and so do I!!!

I cannot say enough good things about this school! Its great and I was thrilled when my oldest son got in, then 2 years later my youngest was 'waitlisted' but ended up with a spot as well. I love the programs, the teachers, the school itself. I do have to agree with the statements about the office staff, however, they do ignore you when you walk in, lol. I wish this school went higher than 5th grade!

I was so thrilled when my daughter got in. However I can not get over on how rude and unwelcoming the office staff is towards parents. If they want more parent involvement they really need to change their attiudes towards them. Everytime you walk in the office you are immediately given the cold shoulder like you are annoying them. My daughter is happy so I just deal with it but it is not what I had in mind.

My daughter has attended the summer program Rotella offers since kindergarten. She was selected via lottery to attend the regular school curriculum at the beginning of third grade and is now entering fourth. We LOVE this school. Their standards are definitely set higher than most of the other city schools, but they also ranked highest in 3 out of four categories in CMT testing for 2009/2010. The teachers and staff are friendly, and eager to get parents involved with their children and the classroom. The school also offers a variety of different enrichment programs and activities throughout the school year. The only negative input I have is that the school is only K-5!!!

It is a great school; however, the staff is still somehow rude. The teacher do a great job, but it will be great if they will keep the parents updated with their children's progress. The progress book is a great way to check children's progress, so you know where you can work more with them.

My both of my children love Rotella! Children are taught well and the staff has used positive reinforcement. Students are the stars!

We LOVE Rotella! My son loves it there! I feel that the after school programs that they do have are top notch. My sons self confidence has grown so much in these past few months. I know it has everything to do with his teacher. The after school program helped with that also. He was chosen for a role in the school play, he was so so proud! My other two are in the lotto for next year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! A happy parent

I agree with the parent who suggested a second language, that is a great idea... I love Rotella as well, I hope my other son gets in.. Just as an FYI... Waterbury PAL offers a wide range of sports and it is very affordable. The fee is $25.00 yearly and your child can enroll in one or all the activities and they even provide the team shirt, no extra charge.. Waterbury PAL is an excellent programs offers by the police department... Take advantage!

I love Rotella, however, I think they should offer a second language class for students who are interested. The earlier you teach a second language, the easier it is for them to learn another language in the future. I speak from experience. Other countries teach their students 2 languages early on. Even if it was just an after school activity, I believe it would greatly improve the school. I also think they should be offering sports after school, for free. No more 50$ at some program that once you get in they want more and more $! Lets give our students that don't have the money a chance to improve in sports such as baseball, soccer, ect... I understand this takes a lot of money, but it's definitely something to work towards. Rotella does a great job. I love the teachers and the principal has been very helpful for me.

Last modified Rotella Interdistrict Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.