Waterbury, CT

Posted March 11, 2014
Wonderful school, great programs, great activities, awesome teachers, I'm so happy to have had 2 kids attend. I highly recommend parents apply for the lottery to get in.

Posted June 20, 2013
Best magnet school in the area!! I love this school! Wonderful programs, very hands on. The teachers are always cheerful and genuinely get involved in all aspects of teaching. The palette awards are great example of that. Great communication between parent liaisons and parents. The Vice principle makes time to talk with me regarding any concerns I had. Great follow up. I only wish the school went to 8th grade. My son has been there since preK and absolutely loves it and so do I!!!

Posted May 25, 2011
I cannot say enough good things about this school! Its great and I was thrilled when my oldest son got in, then 2 years later my youngest was 'waitlisted' but ended up with a spot as well. I love the programs, the teachers, the school itself. I do have to agree with the statements about the office staff, however, they do ignore you when you walk in, lol. I wish this school went higher than 5th grade!

Rotella Interdistrict Magnet School 4

Posted January 13, 2011
I was so thrilled when my daughter got in. However I can not get over on how rude and unwelcoming the office staff is towards parents. If they want more parent involvement they really need to change their attiudes towards them. Everytime you walk in the office you are immediately given the cold shoulder like you are annoying them. My daughter is happy so I just deal with it but it is not what I had in mind.

Posted August 29, 2010
My daughter has attended the summer program Rotella offers since kindergarten. She was selected via lottery to attend the regular school curriculum at the beginning of third grade and is now entering fourth. We LOVE this school. Their standards are definitely set higher than most of the other city schools, but they also ranked highest in 3 out of four categories in CMT testing for 2009/2010. The teachers and staff are friendly, and eager to get parents involved with their children and the classroom. The school also offers a variety of different enrichment programs and activities throughout the school year. The only negative input I have is that the school is only K-5!!!

Rotella Interdistrict Magnet School
440 Pierpont Rd, Waterbury, CT  06705
Last modified Rotella Interdistrict Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rotella Interdistrict Magnet School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top