Waterbury, CT

Waterbury Arts Magnet School (Middle) 5

Posted May 14, 2015
I would like to take a moment and express my sincere appreciation for the Professionalism and genuine concern the staff at Waterbury Arts Magnet School expresses in each and every student. I am a parent of an eighth grade student enrolled in Waterbury Arts Magnet, and over the 3 years of being at Waterbury Arts Magnet, I have worked with the staff on multiple occasions with regards to my son. It has been a pleasure to work with the entire staff which has been instrumental in helping to form my son into the fine young man he is becoming. As we move forward to his High School years I look forward to working with the Staff at the High School level as well. Waterbury Arts Magnet School has set the bar of excellence for which others should follow. Best Regards, Philip DeFrancesco

Waterbury Arts Magnet School (Middle) 1

Posted February 27, 2015
The curriculum itself is fantastic. However most of the teachers are old and have an old punitive approach. They do not utilize positive reinforcement and are quick to discipline the kids many times unnecessarily. This cause the kids to act out as the good behavior is ignored. In addition, some teachers are disrespectful to kids y utilizing sarcasm, names and being insensitive to each child's needs as each child is a person. In general, I regret having registered my child at this school. I have heard from other parents that their child's experiences having so negative that they have drop out. Unfortunately, many parents are not aware they can and should rate their children's schools.

Waterbury Arts Magnet School (Middle) 4

Posted March 25, 2012
A school above average! The administration and teachers are excellent at WAMS. The only negative part of the school is the campus. Many classrooms and the building itself is in poor condition based on the age of the school. For example, the gym floor is ripping and one of the dance studio's floor is extremely dirty. It is only 8 years old! Otherwise, the school is amazing. It would be five stars if the campus was in better condition.

Waterbury Arts Magnet School (Middle)
16 South Elm St, Waterbury, CT  06702
Last modified Waterbury Arts Magnet School (Middle) is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Waterbury Arts Magnet School (Middle) Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top