Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Maloney Interdistrict Magnet School 4

Posted February 24, 2016
They teach Japanese, Art, Music and are teaching Pre K and Kindergartners to read and do math. The kids seem Happy and this school year has been wonderful raising funds for the new anticipated Playground! More Parents need to get involved at the school though. The PTO could use a lot of help with Events and are warm and welcoming to all that come. This school may be in Waterbury - but it services a few towns. More families from the neighboring towns should come to events for the kids. Fund Raisers - Theme nights - info sessions. Its all for them and the more you go the more you feel connected.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 24, 2016
Miss D - (PreK) is awesome and goes above and beyond for her students - always looking out for them through the years.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted February 24, 2016
well for Kindergarten its a lot - I am not sure about the older grades as we have not entered that realm as of yet

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted February 24, 2016
They are learning (every Grade) the 7 key principles it is a great book and the kids are taking it to heart.

Maloney Interdistrict Magnet School 1

Posted February 17, 2016
This school has allowed my child to be bullied and tormented and has not done anything to my likening to make her feel comfortable..I have to force her out the house just to drop her off to school.. Bullying should be taking more serious to prevent children from feeling neglected.. More assemblies and more awareness to help kids feel comfortable coming to the teachers to report bullying.. Bullying isent reported because the children are not comfortable and it's so sad and embrasseing that I'm going thru this with a 7 year old.. This has ruined my child.

Posted September 08, 2015
Maloney magnet is a Great school. My 3 kids 2sons are in 4th grade and a daughter is in pre k.its a best elementary school in waterbury.The teachers are much responsible and caring also.

Posted June 19, 2014
Maloney Magnet is a really good school. I am so glad my son is there! He has blossomed, what a difference from his previous school. It's not always about ratings. When your kid comes home happy, you know he's in the right place.

Posted February 09, 2014
My daughter started going in 3rd grade. She is now in 5th and we are so grateful to be there.

Posted January 30, 2014
Maloney Magnet School is the best school. I have 3 of my kids there and I am so happy with what they learn there. The teachers and all the staff there are exellent. The ladies at the front desk are so frendly and very informed. Anna is my favourite. They do a lot of acctivities and the class room are very clean. I am so happy my kids attend Maloney Magnet school.

Posted August 22, 2013
My daughter been in this school since kindergarten and I must say I love it! They teach the kids Japanese. My son was in another school and his grades weren't so great but as soon as he went to Maloney his grades were up there. There's not anything negative I could say about this school. I'm so happy my kids were blessed to attend this school.

233 South Elm St, Waterbury, CT  06702
Last modified Maloney Interdistrict Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.