Waterbury, CT
Before care: Yes

B. W. Tinker School 3

Posted October 11, 2013
Ok school.They really need to have an after school program that can help the kids with their homework!

Posted September 26, 2013
Tinker is a great school.Teacher's are very caring and open to communication with parent's.Two of my children attended this school and now I have the privldge of my younger daughter going.

B. W. Tinker School 2

Posted May 26, 2011
My boys and I moved to Waterbury from another state. I have come to realize that the Waterbury School District is the WORST I have ever encountered. Most teachers are not very caring and give no personal attention to kids that need it until it's too late and so they end up pushing the child through the system becuase of age but all the while the child has not learned anything. B.W.Tinker was the better choice according to this website, but I would just like to say WRONG..! for the past 3years my kids have attended summer school yet they have no failing grades..? and the school has now fallen below average for the 3rd consecutive year in a row, I think Tinker teachers need to attend refresher classes. with the expection of Mrs.Padula,Mrs. Sangendorf, and Mrs. Elias whom seem to be right on track!

B. W. Tinker School 0

Posted March 18, 2008
My son is in Kindergarten, and he has learned so much already. His teacher is wonderful, the paraprofessional is great. My son has no complaints, he loves going to school. the apperance however is not good. The bathrooms are not updated, the building is falling apart, and there has been several problems with water, and sewage smell. The school is working on these though. I would recommend this school.

Posted January 29, 2008
I have a daughter who went to this school, and I am happy to say that the school did a pretty good job in educating our kids.

Posted March 06, 2007

Posted June 30, 2006

Posted November 27, 2005
My daughter transferred into tinker from barnard this year in kindergarten. She has been doing excellent and is really happy with the school and so are we. Parking is a big issue though, when you are dropping and picking up your child. If your considering sending your child there rest assure it's a great school. Lori capozzi

Posted October 14, 2005
So far, in the 3 years my daughter has gone to Tinker, she's had good teachers and pretty good experiences. It would help a lot if they offered a language program - I understand they did at one point - but all in all, it seems to be pretty good. There are no extracurricular activities that I know of except Band/Orchestra, but that is offered during school hours. Nothing is done after school.

Posted October 06, 2003
My two daughters went to Tinker and it is a fabulous school. From individual teachers that are wonderful to principal involvment to the concentrated effort of student test scores, Tinker is number 1. I do have a few suggestions. I wish they would add a before and after school program at the school that would greatly benefit the children and their parents and it would resolve the problem of child care when parents must work and it would provide an enviroment of safety and security for both the parents and students alike. Also, because it would be in the school building, where the children are used to a learning enviroment, it would encourage homework completion and group activities with fun learning themes.

B. W. Tinker School
809 Highland Ave, Waterbury, CT  06708
Last modified B. W. Tinker School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
B. W. Tinker School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top