Bad
Good

It's the best Elementary school in WAterbury! My daughter had great experiences at Tinker!!! The teacher are super great!!!

Develops character: Strongly agree

It's a really good school! It's the best elementary in Waterbury Area!! Wouldn't think about changing to Magnet!

Ok school.They really need to have an after school program that can help the kids with their homework!

Tinker is a great school.Teacher's are very caring and open to communication with parent's.Two of my children attended this school and now I have the privldge of my younger daughter going.

My boys and I moved to Waterbury from another state. I have come to realize that the Waterbury School District is the WORST I have ever encountered. Most teachers are not very caring and give no personal attention to kids that need it until it's too late and so they end up pushing the child through the system becuase of age but all the while the child has not learned anything. B.W.Tinker was the better choice according to this website, but I would just like to say WRONG..! for the past 3years my kids have attended summer school yet they have no failing grades..? and the school has now fallen below average for the 3rd consecutive year in a row, I think Tinker teachers need to attend refresher classes. with the expection of Mrs.Padula,Mrs. Sangendorf, and Mrs. Elias whom seem to be right on track!

My son is in Kindergarten, and he has learned so much already. His teacher is wonderful, the paraprofessional is great. My son has no complaints, he loves going to school. the apperance however is not good. The bathrooms are not updated, the building is falling apart, and there has been several problems with water, and sewage smell. The school is working on these though. I would recommend this school.

I have a daughter who went to this school, and I am happy to say that the school did a pretty good job in educating our kids.

Last modified B. W. Tinker School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.