Waterbury, CT

Posted October 10, 2009
I was a student of Barnard last year and was there for 4 years. I have to say I had no problems with staff,students or policy. Mr. Pannone is a great principal and is always there if you have any concerns.My teachers were always great and willing to help me. The nurse is there all the time. We have art,music,gym, and library. The teachers will also give rewards to the kids. Every teacher has his/her own way of rewarding. While I was there rewards were end of the month parties,raffles,ect. overall, Barnard is great.

Barnard School 5

Posted June 05, 2008

Posted February 23, 2006
- a staff
I just want to say that Barnard is a very friendly. It is also a nieghborhood school many of our students are from the neighborhood. We have a very qualitfied teaching staff also our Principal is one of the best he always looks out for the children and families here. You can always find here out at recess or in the classroom showing them some form of math project. We have a open door policy he is always willing to talk to student or parent. Our parent involvement is very high they volunteer all the time for everything.

Posted March 18, 2005
Our two daughters went to Barnard since k & 2nd grade. Mr Panonne has to be the most involved principal we've known of. Although the school is a zillion years old, Mr Panonne always tried to provide all the resouces he can. We as parents tried to assist and be involved whenever we were able. My daughters are 12 & 14 now and they have alot of memories as well as a decent education. Being a parent, being involved is the most important thing you can do for you child. the public school system should not be considered a kind of baby sitting service. Waterbury public schools are far from the best, but I think Barnard School with their current principal are doing a great job inspite of all of their limitations.

Barnard School 1

Posted September 08, 2004

Barnard School 1

Posted September 08, 2004
This school is just horrible. Teachers and Principal to interest in discipline not interested enough in teaching these students. The children have no place to play and the building is falling apart. They have no art or music nothing besides gym. This is the worst school my child has ever gone too. We are moving away to get our kids out of this system.

Barnard School 2

Posted July 07, 2004
Barnard is a forgotten, little neighborhood school. The playground is a parking lot. THe cafeteria is the basement. The teachers and principle are exceptional and highly motivated. The nurse is wonderful but she isn't scheduled for a full week. There is so much emphasis on it being Title I, but repairs are few and far between. The staff is kind and friendly. The library is pitiful. Gym is the only special the children get every week. Art, music and library get lost in the shuffle and are only participated in twice a month. If I won the lottery, I would contribute to Barard's needs. Lisa Walsh-Srogi

Barnard School 2

Posted January 31, 2004
As a parent I feel the only reason I send my son to Barnard is because the principal is great. He is always available to answer questions, and will make necessary changes if needed. I feel the building itself is deteriorating and needs several repairs. I understand that children are at a school to learn, but I feel that we live in the USA and schools should be maintained and repaired yearly.

Barnard School