Posted October 14, 2014
Bunker Hill has some of the finest teachers. I read the negatives on here and they are faulting the school and teachers for their childs's behavior issues. It is not the schools fault that your child was suspended. I think it is more parenting issue. Parents that expect schools to tolerate a childs poor behavior are a joke.

Posted October 13, 2014
This school is a joke, they suspend kids for no reason and have too many kids in a classroom a lot of bullying from students and teachers, it's been the worst experience for any child same thing says other parents that I spoke to

Posted September 13, 2013
The education your children will receive here is outstanding, my son attends here and is excelling! He is reading at a 6th grade level in the 4th grade. Waterbury public schools do have the best teachers and I have been really happy with my decision to send my son here.

Posted December 16, 2012
I am giving the school five stars because two of my children attend there and the staff seems well trained and very educated. Just becase it is an innercity school does not mean it is "terrible" I have found the teachers really get to know your child and are intune toi what areas your child needs help with. The only issue I do have a problem with is there is no playground, i understand there is not much room but I am hopeful there will be a renovation done soo.

Posted September 18, 2012
i also would not recommend this school to anyone! i have had my kid in this school for 5 years and its been a fight to get things done! a teacher tells me one thing and then i find out its something eals! there is to many kids to a class room! every year ther has been over 20 kids to one teacher! thats just to many and then at the end of year it seems like hafe the kids are haveing to be held back for summer school! and then they have to do summer school or they cant go on to the nixt gread! i also have two other kids in this school and do to all the problems i am moveing so my kids can get a better schooling!

Posted August 15, 2011
I give this school a negative 5. my son attended kindergarten there and 6 kids in his class alone were left behind. I even had to contact the board of ed about his teacher whom the school praised as their best! I would not recommend this school to anyone, thank god I can transfer him out this year.

Posted March 01, 2011
When I was in third grade we moved to Waterbury from the Midwest. What a horrible experience. The school was run down even then, I can't imagine what it is like now. The teachers were mean-spirited and within my first month there a kid was stabbed with a broken off coat hanger on the playground during recess. Thankfully I only had to go through 4th grade at this school. I understand that most of the folks who live in the area may not have any other choices for education, but if you can....LEAVE QUICKLY!!!

Posted January 01, 2010

Bunker Hill School 0

Posted May 27, 2009
Very interesting. I totally agree about the school yard - its horrible. I sent my application to join the PTA at the beginning of the 2008/2009 school year but it was returned with a note saying that there was no PTA now. I would definitely help out if there was one. I am mystified as to what the meetings are that are mentioned in the reviews.... Oh and I also would like to commend the teachers, my son is making good progress in Kindergarten.

Bunker Hill School 0

Posted April 24, 2009
I am so happy with this school. I came up from a different school last year when my son was in first grade and was very unhappy with the way the teachers and the principal was with the children and the parents. I moved to Waterbury in July 2008 and the difference in my son is unbelievable. He's working harder and is doing so much better in school. I give a lot of credit to his teacher Mr. Rochon as well as each teacher that works with my son. He was names student of the month for February and that is a high honor.

Bunker Hill School
170 Bunker Hill Ave, Waterbury, CT  06708
Last modified Bunker Hill School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bunker Hill School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top