Sprague School 1

Posted May 02, 2014
I don't have many nice things to say about Sprague school. My children ( grades 3rd, 2nd and K) have only been going here for 5 months and its been nothing but problems. My children have never had problems interacting with other students until coimg to this school; now every day we have to deal with offensive language, thier personal property being stolen from there desks or bags and when an adult is notified they are told nothing can be done. Teachers and stuff are respectful to parents but seem to drop the ball when dealing with the students. My children are under challanged academically and I am going to try to get them out of Srague school as soon as possible.

Sprague School 1

Posted March 18, 2014
This is not a good school. The administration is disorganized and as a result has missed out on beneficial programs and opportunities for their students. The teachers I have are simply putting in time and are not true educators. If you are only interested in appearances then the school is nicely decorated, clean, and cheerful looking. But it is no surprise that the students have low test scores and poor overall long term outcome. If you have no experience with a really good school then you may be fooled by Sprague.

Posted May 08, 2013
My son has been attending this school since he was in first grade and with every step of the way his teachers have been understanding and nurturing. They also pushed him when they beleived in him. There aren't enough words to describe this school. It will sadly be missed. I thank all the faculty and staff that has helped me mold him into the respecful person he is today!

Sprague School 0

Posted October 21, 2008
I love this school my son goes there and the teacher that he has his stern but helpful with him in ay studies, he's more responsible.

Posted July 29, 2008

Posted October 11, 2005
Sprague's school count with teachers that are responsible to providing structures techniques to aid her students to learn. I love how the teacher used many hand-on- activities to apply the lesson and reviewed later on. Most of the teacher encouraged cooperative learning and peer-tutor. They also used learning modes such as audiocassettes, computers and visual materials to aid the studenet to learn. I consider Sprague teachers are warmth and supportive in many areas. Teachers talked to the students in a respectful and courtesy tone of voice. I admire the willigness some of the teacher had to be learners. I observed them to take the opportunity as a challenge to learn new inforamtion. Most of the classroom are beautiful decorated. The classroom exhibited students interest and accomplishments. Rules are posted in clear places and visible to students. To reinforce behavior, the teacher use many positive strategies. Sprgaue is a great school.

Posted November 21, 2004
- a former student
This school is an incredible place to attend. I have had my grandmother, mother, brother and sisters, and now my children attend this wonderful school. You learn so much and the teachers are an incredible inspiration to us all. I think that there should be a lot more schools like this one. I have had great success within my career, and i have attended at top rated college and hoping to have a degree in forensic science.

Sprague School
1448 Thomaston Ave, Waterbury, CT  06704
Last modified Sprague School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sprague School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top