Bad
Good

Great school never had a problem. The staff is always friendly and address any concerns you have right away.

EXCELLENT SCHOOL..EXCELLENT STAFF..SIMPLY THE BEST..MY KIDS..NIECES..NEPHEWS..COUSINS..FRIENDS...NEIGHBORHOOD KIDS HAVE GONE AND ITS 100%AWESOME... GODBLESS MRS.ELWELL WHO IS SUPER SWEET..

Wendell L. Cross is one of the best elementaty schools in the district. Going there grades K-5 was a rewarding experience and a helpful one. A great staff, who knew every students name, and an excellent envoirment helped prepare me for my Middle and High School years. I highly suggest this small, public school. Your children will be taught well and it will help them succeed in their later years.

Wendell Cross is the best school in waterbury and i am so upset that my son wont be able to attend next year! The Principal is so great, he knows all of the kids by name. They have so many family functions and are very family involved! The teachers all care so much about the kids and are always there when they need extra help. I am reading reviews on other schools in waterbury so we can find a great one for my son and i am very disapointed! There cant be any school better then Wendell Cross!

This is a great school to have your child be a part of. The entire staff works well together giving your student the best possible elementary education.

My son is in Pre-k and he has learned a lot, his teachers are wonderful. It is so sad that because of my adress my son won't be able to stay in this school. We are very greatful with everything this school has done for my son. Sueper extra excellent is my rating for this school.

My children attended a Montessori School in NY so when I moved to Waterbury I did not know what to expect. I am so glad that my children were assigned to Wendell Cross. The staff and teachers are absolutely wonderful. Mr. Amato is a great principal. He is very involved and motivates the children to do their best.

I recently moved in from another state. I realize that the Waterbury school district is one of the worst I have ever encountered. The teachers are not very caring and give no personal attention to kids that need it. Wendell Cross is better than some but is still not up to par in my standards.

I have never met a principal so involved with his students. His caring of and giving to the students and staff goes above and beyond. I am so impressed with this school. My child has been going here for three years now. I love this school!

Last modified Wendell L. Cross School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.