Waterbury, CT

Posted August 28, 2014
EXCELLENT SCHOOL..EXCELLENT STAFF..SIMPLY THE BEST..MY KIDS..NIECES..NEPHEWS..COUSINS..FRIENDS...NEIGHBORHOOD KIDS HAVE GONE AND ITS 100%AWESOME... GODBLESS MRS.ELWELL WHO IS SUPER SWEET..

Posted August 01, 2011
Wendell L. Cross is one of the best elementaty schools in the district. Going there grades K-5 was a rewarding experience and a helpful one. A great staff, who knew every students name, and an excellent envoirment helped prepare me for my Middle and High School years. I highly suggest this small, public school. Your children will be taught well and it will help them succeed in their later years.

Posted May 12, 2010
Wendell Cross is the best school in waterbury and i am so upset that my son wont be able to attend next year! The Principal is so great, he knows all of the kids by name. They have so many family functions and are very family involved! The teachers all care so much about the kids and are always there when they need extra help. I am reading reviews on other schools in waterbury so we can find a great one for my son and i am very disapointed! There cant be any school better then Wendell Cross!

Wendell L. Cross School 0

Posted May 11, 2010
This is a great school to have your child be a part of. The entire staff works well together giving your student the best possible elementary education.

Posted March 18, 2010
My son is in Pre-k and he has learned a lot, his teachers are wonderful. It is so sad that because of my adress my son won't be able to stay in this school. We are very greatful with everything this school has done for my son. Sueper extra excellent is my rating for this school.

Wendell L. Cross School 0

Posted May 29, 2008
My children attended a Montessori School in NY so when I moved to Waterbury I did not know what to expect. I am so glad that my children were assigned to Wendell Cross. The staff and teachers are absolutely wonderful. Mr. Amato is a great principal. He is very involved and motivates the children to do their best.

Wendell L. Cross School 2

Posted February 08, 2007
I recently moved in from another state. I realize that the Waterbury school district is one of the worst I have ever encountered. The teachers are not very caring and give no personal attention to kids that need it. Wendell Cross is better than some but is still not up to par in my standards.

Posted January 24, 2007
I have never met a principal so involved with his students. His caring of and giving to the students and staff goes above and beyond. I am so impressed with this school. My child has been going here for three years now. I love this school!

Wendell L. Cross School 4

Posted July 26, 2006
the teachers here are great. very helpful and always there when you need them . the vice principal is great, he is a people person and knows how to talk to the kids . The principal on the other hand does not know how to speak to the younger children or to women he is very opinionated and loud .

Posted July 28, 2005
I have never seen a principal so involved with his students, teachers and school. Wendell Cross is the best school in CT.

Wendell L. Cross School
1255 Hamilton Ave, Waterbury, CT  06706
Last modified Wendell L. Cross School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wendell L. Cross School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top