Bad
Good

Watertown High School 1

Posted March 01, 2014
Extremely disappointed and what this Watertown High has become. My daughter works hard and gets good grades. But is pulled down and pressured about standardized tests over and over again. And the administration makes it painfully clear it's all about their appearance. She has a guidance counselor who states see never want to be in this line of work and it shows, teachers who gossip about other students, and others who snap if you ask for help. The new principle and guidance dept is useless and does not care.

Posted August 26, 2013
One of the best HS in the area, I'm very proud of the town of Watertown and I will always be!

Posted August 26, 2013
I love this school, and as parent of 2 boys I absolutely recommend for yours children you will never regretted.

Posted August 26, 2013
I don't have words to describe how great I feel about this school in town. If you want the best out of your children this is the best school for them.

Posted August 26, 2013
If you are looking for your children best educations as I did years ago I will recommend you this school. Be the change that you wish to see in the world. Mahatma Gandhi

Posted August 26, 2013
My Gift: Don't believe what I said, but the best thing in my life is my parents, my family, friends, and my education. I really love everything about this school!

Posted September 04, 2008
I had recently graduated from Watertown High School and can honestly say: It's about time! By that, I mean finally, the town has passed budget for the school to make many needed renovations inside and outside of school grounds. My four years there were up and down as with any other student's high school experience, but school helped me grow up and learn responsibility. Yes the football team is overrated and the players are 'spoiled', but the teachers annd staff are what make Watertown the school it is. Their dedication to the students and will to work with what they have make them genuinely amazing people who made my four years there worthwhile!

Posted May 03, 2006
Im a current student at WHS and honestly Iam very sorry to say that. Our school is falling apart. Lunch, parking and pay for play prices are ridiculously high. Are school is in dander of not being accredited because of its poor condition and outdated library books.

Posted January 11, 2006
i graduated there about 4 years ago..thinking i was pretty well of...gues again! traveling and meeting other people just showed me how little i truly knew.its like watertown sheltered you..the school itself wasnt as much of a place for education but a distraction form every day life! liek many have already said...all the glory went to the football team..and seriosuly we werent that great of a team! other sports had to go around them..i was in volleyball and remember having to cram into a bus with the football team so we could get to a game! unfair...and dont even ask about music...i stuck with it form 3rd grade...but having a private tutor was the only way i learned things..the school deprives it youth from culture!

Posted December 05, 2005
I am a recent graduate from Watertown Highschool and if you are planning on sending your child here then i would reconsider. Its not a terrible school, its not incity school but we have about as much as they do. The classes are ok and so are the teachers. The building itsself needs a renivation. The footbal team gets all this funding and the other teams get close to none. I was on the tennis team, we were packed on the bus with the softball team (somewhere around 75 girls on one bus) and we didnt haveour own courts. The field hockey field is just gross and the baseball fields are ok and the soccer team plays at veterns becuase we dont have a field. The music and art programs are failing. Just not good.

Watertown High School
324 French St, Watertown, CT  06795
Last modified Watertown High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.