PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted September 28, 2013
I attended St.John school quite some years ago but what I learned has stuck with me all these years. The academics are excellent and much better than the public school system in my town. The school is very small and that is both a pro and con. Pro-small class size,the teachers/staff know you a lot better, everyone knows everyone (this can also be a con) Con-You are always around the same kids and you get no exposure to being around different people, people are generally from the same socioeconomic background ,drama and cliques of parents/kids. Another thing I noticed while attending this school is they really do push you and teach you to value your education, you may not realize while you are there but now I am in college it really shows because kids who went to public schools are so quick to give up and not want to even try , I also noticed this in high school as well. Overall ST.John school is a wonderful school and I do recommend it to people over any local public schools. But if you want your children to be exposed to people of all ethnic/socioeconomic backgrounds then don't bother.

Posted June 15, 2007
St. John School prepares its students for success in school and in life. The curriculum is rigorous and meaningful. The student body is small, allowing teachers and students the opportunity to work together. The school is currently adding a gymnasium - that addition will offset some space limitations. The sense of community among families, faculty and students is ideal. Our 3 children have attended this school since kindergarten. They are taught by dedicated teachers, all with Masters degrees and solid teaching experience. This is a school for those who seek excellence.

Posted June 12, 2007
I am so happy my husband and I made the decision to sent our son to this school. The two years that we have been here have been such a blessing academically as well as spiritually.

St John The Evangelist School 3

Posted April 21, 2007
As a parochial school, the education is not bad at all. A few teachers are rude and disrespectful to the children.

Posted January 01, 2007
I have three children in this school. Next year, I will have four. It is worth every penny spent. The education is superb and the involvement of parents is astounding.

St John The Evangelist School 4

Posted August 17, 2006
As a former student of St. John's, I have many mixed feelings about my grammar school. I believe that I have a very strong academic base because of St. John's. However, St. John's is lacking in the arts. In the later years of my education there, I found the days to be very tedious.(In eight grade we stayed in the same class room all day) In addition, the class size was too small; there were only 26 students in my graduating class. I must say that St. John's disciplines its students well; we are fairly polite and have been trained to study. On the other hand, the environment could be seen as very oppressive. Concluding, St.John's did give me an above average education, but I did not have a very good time there. Heck, I hated it.

St John The Evangelist School
760 Main Street, Watertown, CT  06779
Last modified St John The Evangelist School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St John The Evangelist School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top