West Hartford, CT

Aiken School 5

Posted September 14, 2009
I went to this school for seven years.! I am now at kp, but i love Aiken! The teachers were mean at times...but that is normal. KIndergarden was a blast we learned alot. in first...we had the best teacher. In second, we had a strict teacher which was great because they taught us right from wrong. Third was the best grade because we had a great teacher who unfortunitely had to leave half way throught the year. IN fourth grade it was a good learning expierience. =] Fifth grade was my favorite grade we learned alot and Mr. O'Brien taught us life lessons and helped us prepare for middle school. I love aiken and i hope to send my kids there.

Aiken School 4

Posted September 07, 2009
I have 2 children that have gone to this school. One is now in middle school and the other is in 5th grade. We have had, for the most part, fabulous experiences. We have never had the no response issue the other reviewer had. We have found the best way to find additional information is through the classroom teacher. The teacher give out their emails and phone extensions. The school does have voice mail and you can leave a message. They also have a very active PTO that has wonderful activities for the students as well as informational meeting for parents.

Aiken School 5

Posted July 04, 2008

Aiken School 3

Posted December 23, 2005
Absolutely impossible to get information out of these people. As a transfer student entering the fourth grade no one ever mentioned that there was a music program (I figured this out aftet the first nine weeks but of course by then it was too late). Secretary in office could not tell me who to leave a note for dealing with a specific issue after working there for 18 years. Letters, phone calls and e-mails were not acknowledged nor responded to. Made me sorry I moved my child to this school. Fourth grade teacher okay, fifth grade teacher fabulous. It is the communication system that totally is impossible to navigate.

Aiken School
212 King Philip Dr, West Hartford, CT  06117
Last modified Aiken School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aiken School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top