West Hartford, CT

Hall High School 4

Posted December 10, 2012
Hall does an incredible job of fulfilling my academic and extra-curricular needs. My family and I had been considering vigorous private schools, but as a result of the extraordinary arts program and the academic strengths, we ultimately chose Hall. The theatre and choir program is absolutely fantastic. I feel challenged in my academics, and if you do not feel challenged enough, teachers are extremely supportive for you to work to your potential. Teachers, in general, are excellent. Not all of them are, but I haven't met any teacher who is not committed to helping their student achieve. I'm enjoying my experience here immensly.

Posted November 04, 2010
I disagree with the reviewer who stated that Hall is not the place for average students. I was an average student my self and I was not pushed into low level classes but rather was encouraged to strive to be a part of the academic atmospheric and take part in as many AP and honors classes as I could handle. And even though I did not get a perfect GPA I got a first rate education and never felt discriminated because I could not achieve what some of my classmates could. I was better prepared for college and later work than many of my contemporaries from other schools. However, I would say that the low achieving student may find hall a difficult place to be, as academic achievement is very important socially at Hall; unlike many other schools where athletic ability determines social status.

Hall High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Fantastic teachers. Some of the best I've seen in action.

Posted September 16, 2009
Perfect place for a scholar/athlete. Extraordinary music and arts programs.

Hall High School 1

Posted April 29, 2008
Hall HS has such an excellent reputation but if your student is an exceptional student they will be happy and do very well. However, if your student is not exemplary they push them into the lowest level classes where many times the teachers are mediocre. Many students have a lot of potential for those interested enough to encourage them. Hall is not a place for average students; they are not supported.

Posted December 03, 2007

Posted October 18, 2007
Great School. Very High SAT scores and probably the best in the area.

Posted April 19, 2006
- a former student
A great school with an attentive staff. Good extracurricular courses as well.

Hall High School 3

Posted October 12, 2005

Hall High School 3

Posted October 12, 2005

Hall High School
975 North Main St, West Hartford, CT  06117
Last modified Hall High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hall High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top