West Hartford, CT

King Philip Middle School 3

Posted March 12, 2013
It's okay. I do agree that the teachers prep you for CMTs and that's it. classes are much too large and attention is focused on students having trouble and students completely ahead. Students in the middle are supposed to figure it out. Also, I don't like the idea of 'teams', I lost many friends and the next year you lose those and are expected to make new ones. Bullying tolerance is very low and teachers and staff make a very big deal over that, with is good. Principal rarely says much I believe, security guards are very kind and fun to be around. Most teachers are great, others I feel don't have much of a patience of children. All in all an okay school that could do much better.

King Philip Middle School 2

Posted October 30, 2012
My first year at KP was an eight out of ten. I had great, personal companionship with many of my teachers. What I did not like was their approach to Health class. They give you all the info about puberty and substance abuse at the same overwhelming time. I had a severe anxiety attack. Also I lost my friendship with my best friend because KP put us on different teams of 100 kids. We are on the same team this year but now she has other friends and my friends are on a different team so I am alone. Also, KP focuses more on control and C.M.T. prep than a real enjoyable education. We take notes and tests and that's it. The classes are too big to discuss and the whole thing is a stressful race to beat the clock. P.E. is basically doing 50 push-ups and jogging, which is great if you're in the military, but stressful if you're in seventh grade. It's all way too easy and boring, too.I wish KP could live up to its potential and challenge us. I'd rate this year a two out of ten. There are much better schools out there that King Philip Middle School.

King Philip Middle School 5

Posted April 16, 2010
I'm just blown away by the quality of the faculty and administration! All of my daughter's teachers have been consistently and immediately responsive to all inquiries I've made, they each have a good understanding of my child and she has really thrived and grown there. They work hard to promote a healthy learning and social environment. The music program is phenomenal! Wonderful, wonderful school!

King Philip Middle School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
I went to K.P and all 4 of my children went to K.P. The teachers are the best in the country. My youngest daughters kindergarten class was so unique, the teachers so dedicated and boy did those kids learn. It was amazing. The dedication of the staff is what sets K.P. apart no matter if it was an elementary school, or a middle school or at one time, both.

King Philip Middle School 5

Posted September 14, 2009
I love this school with a burning passion! It is my home away from home and if i had a choice to go here or a rich school with a spa...etc...i would definitely still go to KP! its the best school ever! You even have a good relationship with the teachers! we love them<3

King Philip Middle School 3

Posted May 30, 2009
Run-of-the mill education where it could be top notch. Administration more focused on control and preparing for CMTs than providing a true learning experience.

King Philip Middle School 1

Posted October 01, 2007

King Philip Middle School 4

Posted August 26, 2003
I will be attending King Philip this year and it looks like a great school. Everyone seems very friendly

King Philip Middle School
100 King Philip Dr, West Hartford, CT  06117
Last modified King Philip Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
King Philip Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top