Bad
Good

A soul crushing experience. Can't even begin to describe the damage done to our youngest daughter--"missed" diagnosis of a math learning disability. Since she tested as a low average on standardized tests, they kept telling us there was nothing wrong. The crazy "Trailblazer" (I like to call it "Failblazer") math curriculum was uniformly despised by teachers and parents. Yet, it continued for a full 10 years until they realized that practice, repetition, and rehearsal were critical for learning math skills. Add to this an obsession--and I mean OBSESSION--around test scores, and no acknowledgement and/or enrichment for superior writing and reading skills and you get the idea. Finally, there was a "red,yellow,green" behavior/discipline approach in which a student would be asked to turn his/her color accordingly. I'd be hard pressed as an adult to do my best work if I had to turn my color from "green" to "yellow" in front of my peers. It didn't change behavior, only served to humiliate. Brother. So glad to be out of there...

Excellent school. The teachers, administration and families are very involved. The STEM curriculum is strong. The science, technology, engineering and math is used daily in the classroom, through afterschool programs and in the community. Teachers go above and beyond to delivery a quality education for the students. Great place to be apart of.

Great school, my pre schooler loves attending school and has a wonderful teacher. The curriculum engages the students on all levels. Very positive learning environment.

Both of my children are students at Smith school. I can't say enough about the community spirit and the teamwork put forth by the staff and parents. The teachers work tirelessly to bring the best out of our children. Mrs. Bolton has been a true guiding light and positive role model for all our Smith children. I feel very blessed to know my children are in great hands everyday when they leave for school.

Last modified Smith School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.