West Hartford, CT

Posted May 22, 2014
High quality, nurturing and safe environment, academically strong. My daughter has blossomed here and I strongly recommend.

St Brigid School

Posted November 04, 2009
Great teachers and faculty. Small Environment. Christian values.

Posted June 03, 2006
Hi im a student at St.Brigid School;im in 6th grade and I would just like to say that St.Brigid School is a great place to be for many reasons:the teachers all get along with each other(so do the students);you can be positive that you are in the right place and a great place;its a safe place to be;you can involve yourself in many different sports;make alot of new friends not just with students but parents and teachers too;and most importantly the teachers incourage excellence,they help you when you need help,etc.;this list could go on forever so I'll make my point,St.Brigid School is a terrific place to be!thanks for reading.....im proud to be a student of st.brigid school

Posted November 17, 2004
I am a current parent of a student at St. Brigid School in West Hartford. We have had our son enrolled in this school for the past two years and needless to say we are truly impressed on several different levels. The faculty of this school takes great pride in overall welfare of their students, as an individual, academically and spiritually. More often than not, you don't find this attention to detail, and commitment to fundamental process in most elementary schools. This very much sets St. Brigid School in a different class, to the majority of Public / Private schools. The parent organization and involvement at St. Brigid's is extraordinary. The Home School Assoc. reaches out to new parents and makes you feel a part of your children's learning experience and most importantly a part of the St. Brigid's community. St. Brigid School is the learning environment for your children to thrive!

Posted September 08, 2004
My Goddaughter and her older sister are presently students at St. Brigid School. I have attended many functions at the school and am always impressed with the welcoming climate of this family-oriented school. There is a palpable sense of community, of being there for the purpose of helping each other to develop their fullest potential. Respect and caring for others is expected, and modeled throughout the day, from administrators and faculty, staff and students alike. Parents who are looking for a school that will teach their children a challenging range of academic subject matter, while also instilling a sense of caring, respect, and responsibility, should by all means go visit St. Brigid School. The sense of community and positive messages is apparent to anyone who looks at the faces of the children and listens to how they interact with their teachers and peers. My Goddaughter and her sister both love SBS!

Posted September 08, 2004
Not only am I a proud parent of a student at St. Brigid School, but I am a proud teacher there as well. What makes SBS stand apart is its strong Christian values and philosophy. As a parent, I realize there is much more to learning than what can be obtained from a textbook. As a teacher, I know children must be provided opportunities to develop personal, social and leadership skills as well as a sense of membership and community. Many jobs in our society depend on such skills - skills that are not often learned in the classroom. At SBS, we add to the knowledge and skills children must acquire as they reach adulthood. Learning becomes fun as children discover that what they learn is practical and transferable. At. St. Brigid School, personalization occurs which increases their self esteem. Children are confident in their abilities which leads to their success!

Posted September 08, 2004
St. Brigid School has provided our high school sophomore with the tools necessary for a successful high school education while enrolled in several honors classes. She attended St. Brigid School from Pre-K through 8th grade and had a wonderful experience. Our second daughter has also attended St. Brigid School since Pre-K and is now in the Middle School with great results. Some of the best things about the school are traditions such as the Thanksgiving Prayer Service and May Crowning, both providing wonderful memories for life. The school is not only about the past because there is always something new happening from Ski Club to The Spring Productions. Another wonderful thing about St. Brigid School is the interaction between all the students, everyone takes care of each other. We feel we definitely made the right decision when we chose St. Brigid School for our children's education over 13 years ago.

Posted September 03, 2004
My son is a proud graduate of Saint Brigid School. He joins the ranks of prominent business and political officials in West Hartford in praise of the excellent education received at Saint Brigid School.For nine precious and formative years, he was held to high standards, surrounded by caring and dedicated educators and nurtured by the 'family' of Saint Brigid School. Why does a teacher nominated for national recognition choose to stay at this small jewel of a school for 30 years? Is it a coincidence that so many current parents are also proud alumni? Saint Brigid School is regarded as an excellent example of successful Catholic education. A visit to SBS could be a great investment in your student's education. My family invested well!

St Brigid School 1

Posted May 24, 2004
Hi, I am a parent of Saint Brigid School. My daughter has been going to Saint Brigid School for 1 year. I don't like it at all, it is a waste of tuition money. She was in Public School before she was fine there the only reason was that we moved out of the area and into an area that the schools weren't challenging. So then my husband and I decided private school. One of the reasons why I don't like this school is because the staff do not respect nor get along with one another. The teachers talk about their personal lives, then educaton. So if I'd rate this school from 1-5 it would be a 1 if not a 0.

St Brigid School