West Hartford, CT

Posted March 25, 2015
I used to got to public schools and my time there was a far better experience then what i have experienced at Renbrook all the teachers talk to other students about you. All the students think they are "above" everyone else and if your family dosen't contribute money no teachers will like you. Teachers will give you titles so if a "troublemaker" disrupts class they are most likely going to get a detention, but if a "good student" disrupts all they get is a slap on the wrist and they can go ahead. I would never send my children to this place and you shouldn't either. Take it from a student this place is terrible.

Posted November 09, 2013
Our son spent ten extraordinary years at Renbrook and our family looks back fondly on those years. We chose Renbrook even though the public school in our town (Farmington, CT) is a blue-ribbon school ranked 10/10 with a national reputation as one of the best elementary schools in the country. Why? Renbrook was the only school where our son was assigned a private math teacher who allowed him to progress at his own rate when they recognized his prodigious abilities; this would never occur in a public school other than, perhaps, an "honors" class which certainly wouldn't address his needs. Moreover, in addition to its flexibility to hire a private teacher, Renbrook focuses on EACH child's talents and ensures EVERY child realizes his/her full potential. As proof of Renbrook's caliber, one only need review the list of secondary school acceptances for Renbrook graduates. Our son was accepted to Exeter, Andover, Choate, Hotchkiss, Deerfield and Loomis. He chose Exeter and performed exceptional well there, which he attributed to his Renbrook preparation. There simply are not enough superlatives to describe the Renbrook experience.

Posted April 03, 2013
What did my kids get out of Renbrook? Critical thinking, problem-solving,creativity and confidence. They were challenged and engaged in their learning in a way they hadn't been before. And I loved the fact that Renbrook is so much more diverse, in every way, than their hometown school. Going to Renbrook was the best educational decision we've made.

Posted August 27, 2012
I graduated last year and personally the experience I had at this school was awful. The faculty make it sound like a clique free school without drama, which is completely untrue. The people are rude, self-absorbed and made me feel awful about myself in so many ways. The teachers are very quick to judge a situation and are not understanding in any way (unless you're populair, well liked or have a lot of money). Honestly, if you don't fit "the rich prep" standard, it is impossible to be yourself. I'm more into artsy things and with everything so strict I can't be myself. I would never send this my child here. It is awful and the curriculum is very uneven. It seems like everything I did there, I got in trouble in some way or another. Also I don't like how some of the faculty talk about students with other students. This school was a waste of money. Don't send your child / children here.

Posted June 02, 2012
I went there myself as a kid, and I was just blown away by how much the school could teach me. When I had to transfer to public schools because of family budget cuts, I was brokenhearted, but way ahead of my classmates in studies.

Posted February 24, 2011
An ideal educational environment. The kids love learning. Skilled teachers and high academic standards mesh with a compassionate approach that makes each student feel as if he has something to contribute. My kids are young (6 & 8), and the older students are excellent role models for them. We couldn't be happier, and we look forward to many more years at this remarkable school.

Posted February 10, 2011
This is a wonderful school with great teachers. I think the biggest difference between Renbrook and the excellent local public schools (my kids have attended both) is that at Renbrook they are free to be themselves. The school has a rigorous academic program (in the Upper School, at least), and the kids learn how to work hard.

Posted November 22, 2010
Not a great school. Curriculum is rigid. Students are cliquish. School has serious budget problems. How your child is treated seems to be directly related to the size of your contribution to the annual fund. Don't waste your money on tuition. Run, don't walk, away from this school.

Renbrook School