Bad
Good

Alma E. Pagels School 5

Posted October 21, 2010
It is a school about equal opportunity for all children, including those living with disabilities.

Alma E. Pagels School 4

Posted May 20, 2008
My oldest son attended Pagels and is now in high school and doing very well. He has fond memories of Pagels and his teachers. My youngest son is currently a student at Pagels. Mrs. Lutsky is a tremendous 1st grade teacher who cares very deeply for her students and is a knowledgable educator. Mrs. Prisco has been a welcome addition to the school community - she brings new life to the building and excitement for learning. I think the school and staff are top notch and I am proud to be a Pagels School parent! --Parent and Educator in another town

Alma E. Pagels School 5

Posted September 29, 2007
Both of my children had wonderful experiences at Pagels. We found the teachers to be dedicated, caring and always there to help. Both music teachers are exceptional as well. The lunch aides are watching 60+ children per lunch wave and do an exceptional job of keeping the children safe - not an easy task!

Posted September 27, 2007
My children attended Pagels and found the staff to be great. The teachers are very caring and many including the music teacher will got well out of their way to help any student. The only problem this school has is other parents who think that attending parent teachers night 2 times a year counts as being involved with their child/student. This school is an old fashoned neighborhood school that gets a lot of support for the local neighborhoods which is where much of the staff comes from. I highly recommend this school to any parent.

Posted September 27, 2007
I've always found the teachers at Pagels to be really nice and caring. The lunch aides do get a bad rap!

Posted September 27, 2007
Both of my daughters attended Pagels a few years ago and I am a former President of the PTA, and also served as Corresponding Secretary for many years. I want to say that my daughters experiences at Pagels are what started them off on their positive experiences at both Bailey MS and WHHS. I can not say enough positive things about this school: the music teacher? Absolutely one of the best: one of the most positive infulences in my daughers lives. My daughters both think the world of him. The past Principal I worked with for years in different capacities and he was a caring man who put the needs of the students first and was always available to anyone that needed to speak to him. It upsets me to hear negative things about Pagels; The staff and teachers gave so much to my daughters;I can never thank them enough!

Alma E. Pagels School 4

Posted September 19, 2007
I love Pagels.My son has been in Pagels for 4 years.Withthe help of the excellent teachers and staff he has moved from Sepcial Ed to a mainstream classromm and is doing exceptionally well. My only complaint would be the music teacher and the lunch aides.But overall the schoolis excellent!!

Alma E. Pagels School 3

Posted September 04, 2007
I have been very disappointed with Pagels. My son has been placed more than once with a 'more seasoned' teacher for his reading comprehensive skills. Their idea of more seasoned is someone who is near retirement, lacks patience, and new creative ideas to spark the child's interest. The prior Principal appeased parents but did not take control of his staff. The lunch aides are horrible and it was expressed by a multitude of parents stemming from each grade in the school and was ignored. The school needs to enforce more safety as to who comes and goes at the school. If I had the finances I would pull him out and place him in a private school.

26 Benham Hill Rd, West Haven, CT  06516
Last modified Alma E. Pagels School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.