Posted May 25, 2010
School is great. Teachers are great. Only bad thing is that city is going to close this great school. We are fighting to keep it open. My son is a kindergarten student. He loves to go to school and he loves his teacher.

Posted May 25, 2010
This is an extraordinary school, that without the amenities that other elementary schools in this town have and with the highest porcentage of minority students, still comes out strong by being the # 2 elemtary school in West Haven and one of THE TOP 10 IN THE STATE OF CT and it's a real shame a decision to close it has been made. My daughter is in kindergarten and just raves about Molloy, the principal and her teachers and she is right, Molloy's principal and teachers are a true example of success and triumph. I am praying for a miracle so that Molloy maintains it's doors open and continues to provide the excellence in education it is known for and has been awarded for by ConnCan. May GOD bless all of Molloy's staff and students and I wish you the only the best.

Posted August 12, 2007

Posted May 29, 2007
My daughter has been going to Molloy School for 4 years, and she is doing great. She has had excellent teachers and it shows by her grades.

Anna V. Molloy School 4

Posted October 28, 2006
I go by comparison rating when I am looking into the school system. My son goes here and is doing quite well. The staff and principal are always very helpful and in my opinion on top of things. If there is an issue brought to Mr Lopes he deals with it right there. I have heard good words regarding Mr Lopes from other schools in the area. I like that they have reading logs (very important) I like that if your child does not arrive in the morning, you are called immediately. I like that they have a lot of events & programs for the children to not only help with their work but with their social skills. The teachers and 'specials' teachers are not only helpful but show deep concern for your child and that I know is a criteria that means alot to a doting parent.Academics are most important.

Anna V. Molloy School 0

Posted November 15, 2004
I am not quite sure what to think about this school. My child almost enrolled, but ended up being placed somewhere else after I was told this school had reached the 'minority quota'. I was quite appalled, but I am glad my child is not attending since the staff was so comfortable telling me this.

Anna V. Molloy School 2

Posted September 09, 2004
I feel this school needs vast improvements starting with administation. My son currently attends this school and last year another student threatened him. Did the school contact me? No. The 'principal' didn't find it to be as important as I did. Apparently notifing a parent is not important. My son was told 'we'll deal with it later.'

Posted February 10, 2004
I am a first year parent and new to West Haven and I am very pleased with what my daughter is working on. There is a structure lesson plan for Kindergarten, which is good for establishing a routine for young children. The staff & PTA is very friendly and welcoming.

Anna V. Molloy School