West Haven High School 4

Posted October 10, 2013
the best time in real life to experience challenges with people of your own age group. when you will be able to drive a car, go to work/apartment life. the better half will choose college and start a life in managing other peoples lives with a degree to teach,administer health advise become lawyers.all this from those first four years in high school.

West Haven High School 3

Posted April 13, 2013
I was a student from west haven high and I just left cause i had to move. I was in the Alternative program and is was the best thing that could've happened. I went from being in regular classes, failing, not understanding, to the alternative program and getting honors and staying out of trouble. This school looks run down but it makes up for it with wonderful teachers who made my experience here excellent. I will never forget my teachers cause they all helped me so much. They went above and beyond to help me with school and i never would've made it without them!!

Posted February 02, 2013
I am a current Junior at West Haven High. I personally have had a great educational experience. I believe that if you are determined to succeed in life, get a degree, and high paying job, west haven high may be the school for you. There are security guards and officers there to ensure student safety. There has never been a bomb threat here for a long time. West haven high is all about achieving excellence and pride and you an do soooo many things other schools cant allow you to do. For ex: You can do band AND chess AND soccer. The teachers are flexible and everything is great academic. The school has awareness groups for bullying and teens suffering from depression. This school has shaped me into the mature person I am today. And because of the great educational experience and college links I have gotten over the years, I can not wait to start college next fall of 2014 and continue my experience.

West Haven High School 2

Posted October 24, 2012
West Haven High School has a incredible history of close to 150 years. Unfortunetly as a public school it has been caught up in the degradation of schools by unions, local, state, and national politics, My family has had six generations walk through it halls. If the school could disassociate itself from all outside influence and run itself like a private prep school it would become the envy of the state. There is still incredable pride in West Haven by residents but these parents by in large send their children to private or New Haven Schools like I did. I only wish I could have home schooled my kids. I will with my grandchildren.

West Haven High School 0

Posted October 11, 2010
I got great writing classes there

West Haven High School 0

Posted March 05, 2010
this is a horrible school.the teachers are bad,the pricipe doesnt do anything.there is a lot of fights,and groups of diffrent races are starting to gang up on each other.not to mention,there are bomb threats,there were about 5 this year incluing the first day of school,and the school is always on lockdown because of it.dont send your children here.worst experiences here ever.and theres no action taken or punishments for rude kids or bullies.

Posted November 19, 2008

Posted April 18, 2008

West Haven High School 4

Posted February 29, 2008
I am a freshman in WHHS and so far, I am liking it. Before school started, I was pretty nervous because there were bomb threats, but it turned out that a student just wanted a day off from school. I am in about 4 honors classes and thinking of taking some again in my sophomore year. There are plenty of activities that I want to join, so I am pretty excited. I am willing to put a lot into the school because the more you put in, the more you get back. The teachers are very helpful, they always stay after which I think is great. From the outside, it might seem like a bad school, but truly, it has many opportunities, so good school!

West Haven High School 2

Posted August 06, 2006
- a former student

West Haven High School
1 McDonough Plaza, West Haven, CT  06516
Last modified West Haven High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Haven High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top