PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

We are vey happy with OLOV. It is academically rigorous with a focus on community and instilling good work habits and a strong moral compass. There are wonderful enrichment activities such as chess club and sports. Children go from grade to grade with the same group instilling a sense of security. Younger students have older student buddies. They participate in community service (food drives, visiting SeaCrest nursing home, etc) enhancing students understanding of community and volunteerism. Your child will really feel like a part of the community. 8th graders from the school greet Kindergarteners by name when they see then in town. The good manners shown by the older students is wonderful and the little ones beam with pride that the older students care about and respect them. The bottom line must always be the academics. At OLOV children come ready to learn and be challenged and parents support that goal. This is what sets OLOV apart and makes it worth every penny. We researched extensively before choosing this school. You can call the Archdiocese of Hartford to get the test scores for Catholic schools. OLOV had the strongest scores of 4 schools we considered.

Bottom line my first graders spelling words this week were compound words like brainstorm and backpack, bonus word was remember. My neighbors kids, in what would be the public school for our area, are still doing 4 letter words like late and gate. Superior education. When I choose this school I called the archdiocese of Hartford and got the test scores for several catholic schools between our home and my office. Before the woman helping me even looked them up she said "Oh, OLOV has very good scores". They did turn out to be the highest for all the catholic and public schools I looked at. For reference I looked at the local public school, several magnet schools in the area and a much more expensive private school that really would have been a huge sacrifice. It is a small school which always mean two things great family like community and sometimes not so great politics (I have yet to see the small school or office that doesn't have this blessing/burden double sided coin). The administration had not really been proactive in addressing issues in the past always just trying to not rock the boat and keep the peace. But they seem to be trying really hard to improve this academic year

My daughter went to the Pre-K at OLOV for both the 3 year old & 4 year old program. It was a wonderful experience! For a class of about 10 her first year & about 15 her second year she had 2 loving teachers (one teacher & an aid actually). Ms. Maureen & Ms. Michelle are wonderful teachers, very patient & caring & they children learn & play in a safe environment. I look forward to my younger daughter attending when she is old enough.

Teachers and staff really care about the education of the children. I have had a great experience. My child transfered from public school to olov and it is worth every penny!!!

It is a loving and nurturing environment while offering the best in academics.

I love Our Lady of VIctory because it is really like a family. They take interest in what you have to say. The classes aren't too big and the faculty is wonderful!

I'm a father of two OLOV students currently enrolled. The schools largest weakness without a doubt is the lack of leadership. Coupled with a lack of enthusiasm and dedication. This wonderful school could be greatly improved if placed under new leadership. The current principal, Mrs. Bartolotta and Father Joe, leave much to be desired. OLOV has an excellent, dedicated staff of teachers who are second to none and there is tons of parental envolvement.

We pulled our child from this school because of problems with the current principal. We simply wanted some questions we had answered and she flatly refused. While we miss the community and many of the excellent teachers, the principal's attitude and performance drove us out.

This school is average at best. Tuition is $1000 more per year than the other private school in town. Spanish teacher is new and amazing!! They cannot hold on to a principle, they had a great one a few years back, he was here for one year then left. Now one of the teachers filled in, which was supposed to be temporary, and is now leading the school. Now the politics are worse than before.

I have 3 ELL children and all staff and principal have been amazing. This is a wonderful Catholic school with a very family-oriented culture.

Last modified Our Lady Of Victory School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8