PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

This is our first year at St. Lawrence and I am very pleased. My son is in kindergarten and is doing great! He had a hard time adjusting to full day kindergarten and his teacher was nurturing and patient. He is now excelling and already reading beginner books! Classroom sizes are small so your child gets more hands on learning. Unlike OLOV, this school is acrredited and has a much better curriculum. The staff is fantastic and responsive. So happy we made the decision to send him here!

We interviewed at both catholic schools in West Haven. My kids spent a half-day here last year and they were immediately drawn in by the supportive, friendly environment. They started three weeks ago and they both LOVE their teachers and have easily made friends. My son, who was bored and discouraged from going above and beyond in public school is finally being challenged, and my daughter, who was struggling in public school is finally getting some extra help! We love the teachers and administrators, and the parents are also all very friendly and helpful.

Very good school overall, small you know who is who after your child attends there for a while, which is great! All staff members take action immediatley if anything is brought to their attention. Teachers are good, small class, your kid dont have to be crowded on a 30 student classroom for lack of attention. The only thing is the name calling, kinda true as stated on another review, however I did addresed that matter with the principal and the situation was gone. Other than that, I guess it would of be worst on the public school system...for now Im planning having my kid finish her 8th grade here.

My son attends St Lawrence School and this will be the only year that he attends. Next year he will be going back to public school. I wanted him to attend Catholic school because I thought he would be around smart, caring and catholic children. Boy was I wrong the children that attend this school are stuck up snobs that abuse each other with their mouths. There is so much name calling and mental and emotional abuse that goes on between the children at this school. Much more than any public school that he has ever attended. I feel like I wasted alot of money and a whole year of my childs life was wasted. Do you and your child a favor and stay AWAY from this school.

Having an older son graduate from Our Lady of Victory we thought it was only natural for us to send our youngest, attending pre-k & kind. After enough politics of the school, lack of principle support, we decided we needed to leave and went for an interview at St. Lawrence. We were immediately drawn to the warmth of everyone in the office and the principle personally walked us around to meet each teacher and tour the school. We were amazed how all the children we met smiled and said good morning while he knew their names. We learned that the principle comes from one of the middle schools and has been implementing a variety of new projects to improve the school, including Smart Boards. So far our daughter, "LOVES" her new school with an abundance of new friends. We are totally content with the decision to join the St. Lawrence Family.

I really like this school, specially for the education, they get religion, spanish classes, well everything, they have great teachers

I currently go to this school, and it is excellent. My brother and sister attended this school. My sister now is at a great collage and my brother is now at a great high school. Mrs.Donais is a great teacher 'if Mrs. Donais did not teach me,' my sister said, 'I wouldn't have passed (with an A+) Highschool English!' Mrs. Kuzia is also a great teacher, she makes sure we get all the work before we move on. Mr. Marino is very funny and teaches in a funny sort of way. He will also teach public speaking. I am currently in seventh grade and I am happy that I have attended Saint Lawrence School since Pre-K. Trust me, even if you join Saint Lawrence in 8th grade, You will become part of the family quickly. We consist of small classes so it is easier to learn and pay attention. I love SLS!

Last modified St. Lawrence School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8