PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Living Word Christian Academy 4

Posted June 20, 2011
My husband and I love LWCA. Our son just completed his first year ( kindergarten) and without a doubt it has been a wonderful experience. Our son is reading and doing math on a first grade level, exposed to science and social studies but most of all, he loves LWCA ( teachers staff and made a host of friends) his understanding of biblical principles and scriptures has increased significantly! We are so disappointed that the school is closing. We were ready to plan the rest of his christian middle school education at LWCA. I'm sure God has his plans and reasons. We will truly miss this awesome community.

Posted April 29, 2011
My child has been enrolled in LWCA for 2 years!!! The best facility and teachers thus far. I love the small personal relationship with other families as well! The education wonderful!!!

Posted July 10, 2010
I am a parent at LWCA and I love the school! It's the best in the area, and it worth every penny!

Posted January 23, 2009
My children have been in LWCA for few years, and I really like this school. The teachers are wonderful and work with you and your child, the administration has an open door policy, so I can speak to them if necessary, the children and the parents are nice. Also, as a Latina mother, I really value the diversity of the school, it is very diverse, and most importantly the love of God is felt. This school offers a sense of community and it is really a great place to be. My children really enjoy attending this school!!

Living Word Christian Academy

Posted March 31, 2008
This is a wonderful school. Great facility. Brand New. Homework everyday. My kid's level equals 3rd grade when he was in K. He is taking 2nd grade math class when he is 1st grade. We may move his math class to even higher level next year. The teachers and staff are great. No much fund raising as other schools.

Living Word Christian Academy 3

Posted August 05, 2007
We've had many years of LWCA under our belt & have always wondered why the high turnover rate of teachers/students. The longer we stayed, the more we noticed the manner in which they focused on 'breaking the children down' for the purposes of discipline. Although they pride themselves on having praise & worship every morning, the children aren't provided enough 'praise & encouragement' throughout the day in handing in assignments and completed tasks. This lends itself to rebellion amongst the students when detention and negative reinforcement seems to be the primary focus. Although there seems to be parental support for the lower grades and student members of the church, the quality of faculty and teacher certification for the middle & high school grades is questionable & the students are suffering as a result; not to mention the lack of extra-curricular activities that help to provide balance beyond their high school years.

Posted July 13, 2006
This is an awsome school on the rise. Founded by Pastor Richard Mallette before he retired this school is built on the unbreakable foundation of the bible. you cant go wrong with a school who puts good christian values first. The academics are top notch with there abeka program. There sports program is great, there basketball program taught by Novell Martin and Carl Newton have won two championships already. there is also vollyball, and girls basketball. The art, and music programs are always wonderful and entertaining.

Living Word Christian Academy 4

Posted September 17, 2005
My wife and I are the parents of two children that have attended LWCA for now going on their fifth year. For a school that is only six years old we are please with the Administration and education development of all the children that attend the academy. The academic structure is sound and the ongoing implimentation of extracurricular activities for the students is also blossoming. This school's foundation is based on the word of God. Jesus is Lord and the students get to start their day off with chapel to set the tone of their day. From the Science and Art fairs to the Athlete programs exceleration into the sports community thoughout the state. This school strives to be best that it can be. Parents also have their chance to get involved in the Parent Teacher Organization that meets regularly. Come check us out!

Living Word Christian Academy 1

Posted June 16, 2005
My child attended LWCA and was the target of incessant bullying. It was the worst investment I ever made. I would not recommend LWCA to anyone. From the very start, the behavior of a great deal of the students was attrocious! Parents, be warned. Not every school that calls itself a Christian school is Christian. There are many families that have been deeply hurt by LWCA. The LWCA insiders should read its own Handbook and try to enforce its own rules. LWCA has got to be one of the very very worst schools. This is my opinion based on my experience. Thank you and have a pleasant day.

Living Word Christian Academy
225 Meloy Rd, West Haven, CT  06516
Last modified Living Word Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Living Word Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top