Wilton, CT
Students enrolled: 1,292

Posted June 23, 2015
I received an outstanding education from WHS. I found my classes, including the myriad of AP offerings, teachers and counselors all outstanding. The curriculum prepares students extremely well for college and I found many of my WHS classes more difficult than my first year college courses.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 23, 2015
The teachers at WHS were some of the best I encountered in all of my educational career. Many have been there for over 10 years and still exhibit the same passion and dedication to students as when they began.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted June 23, 2015
I think there is a lot of homework and projects given, but not in a bad way. It over prepares students for college and the real world. I would rather have students over prepared than under prepared.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 23, 2015
Classes and deliverables are very challenging and require students to put in many hours of outside work and studying.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted June 23, 2015
There is a high emphasis on volunteering and giving back. Although the Fairfield County area is very affluent, I feel that WHS does its best to keep students grounded.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 23, 2015
Nothing but the utmost integrity and honesty is acceptable at WHS. Teachers place a very high important on building students' characters and integrity.

Wilton High School 1

Posted April 15, 2015
Our families were educated at Princeton and Harvard Universities. We sent a child to wilton High School and took him out as drugs run rampant including in the sports. Do not send your child here. We removed our child and he excelled away from this school. Anyone who writes that this school is worthwhile is in league with the unions or is an exception to the rule. They just changed the rating to make it look like it is rated highly 2 minutes ago it was not hmm gee I wonder who is running this website could it be a bunch of union libs???

Posted February 18, 2015
Excellent school system that tailors high school experience to students strengths. Unparalleled course catalog, extremely supportive teachers for the most part, outstanding g college office. WHS students achieve the highest test scores in the state, regularly. We are thrilled to have raised our three children here, who were all well-prepared for the rigors of highly selective universities. Go Warriors!!

Posted April 11, 2013
tHIS IS A GREAT SCHOOL, TEACHERS ARE REALLY NICE . The sport are fantastic . GO WARRIORS!

Wilton High School 1

Posted April 09, 2013
I believe the school is highly overrated. The class sizes have been growing and growing as parents are flocking to the town in hopes that the school's high test scores will get their children into the best colleges. I have seen the classes filled with 30 students and there isn't really a focus on learning among them. The students care more about sports than academics and it is dragging everyone else down due to their big egos. I am glad I am getting out of there.

395 Danbury Rd, Wilton, CT  06897
Last modified Wilton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilton High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top