Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I received an outstanding education from WHS. I found my classes, including the myriad of AP offerings, teachers and counselors all outstanding. The curriculum prepares students extremely well for college and I found many of my WHS classes more difficult than my first year college courses.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at WHS were some of the best I encountered in all of my educational career. Many have been there for over 10 years and still exhibit the same passion and dedication to students as when they began.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I think there is a lot of homework and projects given, but not in a bad way. It over prepares students for college and the real world. I would rather have students over prepared than under prepared.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Nothing but the utmost integrity and honesty is acceptable at WHS. Teachers place a very high important on building students' characters and integrity.

Our families were educated at Princeton and Harvard Universities. We sent a child to wilton High School and took him out as drugs run rampant including in the sports. Do not send your child here. We removed our child and he excelled away from this school. Anyone who writes that this school is worthwhile is in league with the unions or is an exception to the rule. They just changed the rating to make it look like it is rated highly 2 minutes ago it was not hmm gee I wonder who is running this website could it be a bunch of union libs???

Excellent school system that tailors high school experience to students strengths. Unparalleled course catalog, extremely supportive teachers for the most part, outstanding g college office. WHS students achieve the highest test scores in the state, regularly. We are thrilled to have raised our three children here, who were all well-prepared for the rigors of highly selective universities. Go Warriors!!

tHIS IS A GREAT SCHOOL, TEACHERS ARE REALLY NICE . The sport are fantastic . GO WARRIORS!

I believe the school is highly overrated. The class sizes have been growing and growing as parents are flocking to the town in hopes that the school's high test scores will get their children into the best colleges. I have seen the classes filled with 30 students and there isn't really a focus on learning among them. The students care more about sports than academics and it is dragging everyone else down due to their big egos. I am glad I am getting out of there.

I had a very hard experience being a student at this high school. I have learning difficulties and I had issues keeping up with the school work. I also did not fit in well because I was not athletic and I always felt that this school acknowledged those students that were on the sports team and ignored those that were not. Overall, I would not suggest this school.

I've had three kids attend WHS, with 2 graduating. My other child transferred to a prep school after freshman year. I agree with many who have written that these kids would probably have excelled regardless of the school....and I don't give WHS much credit in their success. Too many of the teachers here are just going through the motions, without the kids best interests in mind. There are some exceptional teachers here...just not enough of them. I've never had much esteem for the administration of the high school, nor of the school system in general, primarily because there's too much administration. These folks get a job for life...yet do little or nothing to actually contribute to the education process. Lest you think I'm just a disgruntled parent, I've always been impressed with the junior and elementary schools. There, the teachers are more involved with the kids, make learning fun for them,and really care about the kids welfare. I've lived in Wilton for over 20 years.

Last modified Wilton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.