Wilton, CT
Students enrolled: 1,292

Wilton High School 1

Posted April 15, 2015
Our families were educated at Princeton and Harvard Universities. We sent a child to wilton High School and took him out as drugs run rampant including in the sports. Do not send your child here. We removed our child and he excelled away from this school. Anyone who writes that this school is worthwhile is in league with the unions or is an exception to the rule. They just changed the rating to make it look like it is rated highly 2 minutes ago it was not hmm gee I wonder who is running this website could it be a bunch of union libs???
5 people found this helpful

Posted February 18, 2015
Excellent school system that tailors high school experience to students strengths. Unparalleled course catalog, extremely supportive teachers for the most part, outstanding g college office. WHS students achieve the highest test scores in the state, regularly. We are thrilled to have raised our three children here, who were all well-prepared for the rigors of highly selective universities. Go Warriors!!

Posted April 11, 2013
tHIS IS A GREAT SCHOOL, TEACHERS ARE REALLY NICE . The sport are fantastic . GO WARRIORS!

Wilton High School 1

Posted April 09, 2013
I believe the school is highly overrated. The class sizes have been growing and growing as parents are flocking to the town in hopes that the school's high test scores will get their children into the best colleges. I have seen the classes filled with 30 students and there isn't really a focus on learning among them. The students care more about sports than academics and it is dragging everyone else down due to their big egos. I am glad I am getting out of there.
6 people found this helpful

Wilton High School 3

Posted May 16, 2011
I've had three kids attend WHS, with 2 graduating. My other child transferred to a prep school after freshman year. I agree with many who have written that these kids would probably have excelled regardless of the school....and I don't give WHS much credit in their success. Too many of the teachers here are just going through the motions, without the kids best interests in mind. There are some exceptional teachers here...just not enough of them. I've never had much esteem for the administration of the high school, nor of the school system in general, primarily because there's too much administration. These folks get a job for life...yet do little or nothing to actually contribute to the education process. Lest you think I'm just a disgruntled parent, I've always been impressed with the junior and elementary schools. There, the teachers are more involved with the kids, make learning fun for them,and really care about the kids welfare. I've lived in Wilton for over 20 years.
3 people found this helpful

Wilton High School 3

Posted November 15, 2010
Grossly overrated. My children's experience has been very 50-50. Too many teachers don't really care about truly teaching; they just want to get in and out and seem to resent requests for extra help. Often just cursory assistance is given. Too many teachers seem to be hired because of who they know, rather than because of outstanding credentials. I am of the impression that the schools used to be much better -- they are now just coasting on their reputation. Most kids here would succeed anywhere because of good genes and motivated parents who are willing to hire tutors when their teachers disappoint. Interestingly, the junior high is probably the strongest link in this district. Keep an eye out -- tests scores will be getting progressively lower in Wilton.
3 people found this helpful

Posted February 03, 2010
Excellent school system Great teachers and resources.

Posted November 28, 2009
I think wilton high school teacher need more work hard byt over all excellent

Posted November 28, 2009

Posted November 19, 2009
my daughter started WHS in 2009 and loves it. she is a highly gifted student and it is a great fit for her. she loves the academics, sports, after school activities, drama, and the home coming dance! yes, some of the teachers are not the best, but overall, the school is what we were looking for.

Wilton High School
395 Danbury Rd, Wilton, CT  06897
Last modified Wilton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilton High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top