PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

This is a fantastic school and I would give it 6 out of 5 stars if that was an option. We moved to Wilton in 2009 and our two sons have attended The Montessori School ever since. There is a wonderful community of caring parents, teachers and staff and everyone cares deeply about not just academics but the importance of educating the whole child. One significant reason we send our kids here is that the program extends all the way from infant to 8th grade. By keeping our kids at The Montessori School throughout all the many phases from toddler to Middle School, we grow deep roots and stay in a strong community of like-minded parents who are generally motivated not just by academic achievement (of which there is plenty) but also by creativity, art and an understanding of each child’s important role in a bigger picture that includes not just home and school but the town, state, country and world. I would highly recommend you check out the school and also feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Our family is going into its 7th year at the school -- my youngest child (of 3 kids) started in Toddlers. The teachers are amazing -- they care deeply about the children, are so committed to their success and all the Lead Teachers are trained Montessorians. Children are trusted at this school -- they are given guidance and lessons, but also the time and opportunities to try something out on their own, learn from mistakes and try again. I have a child who has needed extra support and his teachers (and the school) never wavered, but rather worked with my husband and I to see my son through. And the community is amazing -- such talented, fun and thoughtful parents. But don't take my word for it -- come see the school and observe yourself. That is what convinced us when we chose The Montessori School..

A haven in an educational world over-focused on testing and results. Some children might need extra help outside the curriculum but those children would need that help no matter what school they attended. The School encourages the love of learning, instead of teaching children it's a chore through testing and outside standards. As a result, children who attend are usually kind and content, they show initiative in their learning, and develop a deep understanding of community and their responsibility to it. Very international group of parents as the method is known world-wide. The Parent Education offered (for free) is outstanding...a huge perk to having a child in the School. Some of those parenting tips I still use today with teenagers. My children did really well after graduating from the 8th grade. High school teachers seem to notice they are self-directed, motivated learners and I attribute this to the foundation they received at the Montessori School.

Great school for toddlers and pre-K. However, need to pull kids out before K and put in public or other private school. The academic program is lacking and many kids need outside tutoring. Makes no sense to pay for a private education and then pay again for extra help.

This school is a paradox. They espouse that each child is a unique flower. They deem some children as weeds in their garden and slowly , systematically push the child and family straight out the door. The rip the bandaid approach would have been less devastating. It was tactical which made the situation more repulsive. Our other child was a bright star and we were oft reminded not to compare her skill set to others. I guess that works well when you're striving for mediocrity. We have to first learn now what was not taught in our quite fabulous public school. Irony at its most whimsical. We knewbsomethingnasbawry, and shouldbhavebpulled them post-toddlers. Unless your child is the mean in the bell curve, you may want to move on.

Last modified The Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8