Wilton, CT

Posted May 31, 2015
Our children have been a part of Connecticut Friends School for years. We chose the school with the goal of embracing an experiential learning environment that supported each of my children academically, socially and emotionally. Our expectations have been far exceeded. Every teacher has engaged, encouraged, supported my children through some of those difficult years. This school gets it! From preschool though 8th grade, it is a unique, positive educational experience. It is the type of school you wish you had gone to.

Posted February 10, 2015
My child has been attending Friends Nursery School for the last year. We were sold on the school because we wanted a very play based, individualized curriculum for our child. In addition, we loved the idea of a program that honors all beliefs and instills a love of community. Thus far, we have been beyond pleased with our child's experience at CFS/FNS. He is excited to go to school every day, he loves his friends and teachers, we have felt accepted by the other parents and staff since we walked through the door...it just feels like family.

Connecticut Friends School 4

Posted February 09, 2015
My daughter is currently in her third year of preschool at Connecticut Friends School, and she absolutely loves it. The teachers here are the BEST and give each child exactly what they need in terms of attention, care, and education. What I love most about CFS is how they observe the child-led method of exploration and learning, and react and teach based on what the kids are interested in. They foster play and individuality and adventure, and are pretty much the opposite of the Common Core curriculum (if that's important to you).

Posted January 26, 2015
"Education is not preparation for life; Education is life itself." This quote sums up so many of the positive feelings I have for our school, Connecticut Friends. My two children attend CFS and are thriving there, academically, emotionally and creatively. I really appreciate the open communication between the teaching staff, administration and parents. There is always an open door to discuss the goings on of the classroom, playground and synthesis of what is being taught to my kids. And, what is being taught is nothing short of excellent. This school is healthy, vibrant progressive education in action. If you are looking for academic excellence executed in a playful way, I highly recommend that you schedule a visit to CFS and see for yourself!

Posted January 17, 2015
Connecticut Friends School (CFS) has a nurturing environment where the students feel safe to take risks in their learning. The student-teacher ratio is small so the students have many opportunities to work directly with their teachers. The learning is very hands-on so the students have a very active learning experience instead of a passive education. Most importantly, CFS instills respect, kindness and caring in their students by exhibiting these qualities to their students while expecting the students to treat each other and their teachers with that same respect, kindness and caring. I was very impressed at conference time. My daughter, the teacher, my husband and I attended a conference that my daughter led. She knew exactly what her strengths and weaknesses were and had a goal and plan to work on what was weak. She showed us her work throughout the trimester and her plan to work on her goals. The school believes in the children and their ability to know themselves; it respects their individuality and nurtures the whole child.

Posted January 13, 2015
Our family came to CFS after spending three years in another private school in the area. We now have two children enrolled at CFS (one in the Nursery School, the other in Maples). CFS nurtured our older child, focusing at the preschool level on social and emotional development and Kindergarten readiness. Now in Kindergarten, that child is absolutely thriving under the gentle, wise and patient guidance of the Maples teachers. After 2 years at CFS, our child who was once extremely unhappy and lacked self-confidence is now joyful about learning and excited to come to school. Our younger child, now in the second year of Nursery School, is surrounded by loving and supportive staff, permitted the freedom to play and discover, and encouraged to practice kindness and respect. We have a profound respect for CFS, for its philosophy and teaching in a peaceful and thoughtful environment. CFS has become a home for our family and our children.

Posted January 11, 2015
Love the Friends Preschool - my child has been there since we took a Mommy & Me class when he was not even 2 years old, then he joined the 2 year old class and then moved up the 3 & 4 year old class. I love that this school is on the smaller side and focuses on the social emotional growth of the preschooler and gives them lots of time to play! Very sweet teachers and leadership, and I also love that they incorporate a mix of philosophies and styles - they are not stuck on one type of philosophy and not rigid at all. They do stress peacefulness (it's a Quaker school) and I also love that while they celebrate the seasons, they do not celebrate individual holidays and do crafts for holidays, just for the seasons. Great school - so happy we chose it!

Posted January 11, 2015
Our two granddaughters attend CFS, one in the nursery school and one in the middle school. They love it and can't wait to get there every day. The teachers and auxiliary staff are exemplary both in their caring approach to the individual needs of each child and their teaching methods. The buildings and grounds are cozy and inviting -- not at all institutional. There many opportunities for outdoor activities, including the care of pet rabbits in beautiful habitats. Field trips abound, both for enrichment, education and community service. The arts are well represented with singing, musical instrument instruction, performing, crafts, visual arts, etc. This is not just a school, it is a family and we are thrilled that our granddaughters are a part of it. To coin a phrase, "it's where a kid can be a kid." Kudos to CFS!

Posted January 10, 2015
We are parents of a middle school student and have been overall very pleased with our child's experience at the school. We are now midway through the year, and our child continues to be engaged, challenged, and is learning a tremendous amount across the strong and emergent curriculum. The friendships in the classrooms are solid between the students and they are supportive and nurturing of each other. The staff and administration continue to be warm, helpful, and communicative. We are consistently kept abreast of changes, developments, and progress in the classroom and school community through parent/teacher meeting, all parent meetings, email updates, and face to face communication. We are very happy with the amount of individual attention that our child receives, the intuitive and enthusiastic nature of the classroom teachers, and the very experiential learning environment that Friends has cultivated for the Middle School Students.

Posted September 01, 2014
I Graduated from CFS a couple of years ago. It is absolutely the best school I've ever been to and believe me I've been to a lot. Everyone is so kind and welcoming, I attended CFS for four years and I have to say, best four years of my life so far. With the classes so small you really get to know each other, and you're not ignored in a way that easily happens on public schools, the teachers spend quality time with you. The kids are great and become great people, I made some really great friends there that I'm sure will be life long.

Connecticut Friends School
317 New Canaan Road, Wilton, CT  06897
Last modified Connecticut Friends School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Connecticut Friends School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top