K-11|Private

Bad
Good

Posted December 26, 2010
Madina Academy is an excellent school. The level of dedication of staff, Board members and staff members is admirable. The years of hard work finally paid of with the new building. The opinions of the parents are valued . Their school events are great. There is stress on academics. Their CT science Fair achievements are known statewide. My child looks forward going to school everyday.

Madina Academy 3

Posted November 15, 2010
My children have been attending for a few years. Overall the school is good compared to the local public schools. I send my children because it is the only Islamic school in the area. If I was sending my children only for academic reason, I would move to Simbsbury or Avon, no reason to send to Madina. The academicI standard should be much higher for each grade at Madina. I don't really see a reason to pay for a private school if all they are going to do is teach to the state standard and compare results from city schools or CAT tests. Even the CAT tests are not that great compared to school systems such as Simbsbury and Avon. The children need more challenges and the teachers should get more "teacher's development" as they call it to challenge the child. We have expressed our concerns a few times but it falls on deaf ears. They are very set in their ways and not very receptive to other ideas which is quite frustrating, especially when you have seen other school systems that really challenge the child. Even when the parents are involved, it's usually to raise funds for the school in one form are another. I don't see much request for parent involvement otherwise.

Posted April 28, 2010
I attended the school for 3 years and they were the best 3 years of my life! The teachers are awesome and you actually get an education because of the small teacher to student ratio. The students go on fun and educational field trips, everywhere from Boston to NYC! I am a glad Mad Acad grad!

Posted April 28, 2010
I attended Madina Academy for my nine years of elementary and middle school. I loved attending it and I miss it now that I am in high school. Because I want to give back to the school, I am heading the Madina Academy Alumni Association. We can't wait to help with the transition to the new building! -A MadAcadGrad

Posted November 18, 2009
Two children are enrolled in the school.It has a great family feel to it. The stress on academics and Islamic Values is great.

Posted November 11, 2009
All of our children have attended and we like the personalized attention and commitment to integrating moral and religious instruction thoughout the school day.

Posted April 11, 2008
My son has been attending madina academy since kindergarten and is now in grade six. I am a very satisfied parent for many reasons. In a nut shell, it's a great school due to the dedication, commitment and deligence of the school board members, principal and faculty of madina academy. Submitted by a very satisfied parent!

Madina Academy 4

Posted January 31, 2008
I actually like going to school now. its not something i dread anymore. this school is just great overall

Madina Academy 4

Posted August 08, 2006
Madina Academy is , so far , the only Islamic school in Connecticut . The parent involvement is great . Many of the teachers know parents personally , and parents are always helping out at fundraisers . Madina Academy ranks above ( refering to test scores ) public schools in Connecticut .

519 Palisado Ave, Windsor, CT  06095