Wolcott, CT

Tyrrell Middle School 2

Posted April 29, 2015
The Tyrrell Middle School teachers try their best to educate the students in a very difficult administrative environment. The policies of the Middle School do not reflect district-wide policies therefore causing confusion with the students and parents. Administration does not take a "whole child" approach when applying policies not taking individuals psychological, physical and academic best interests into account. As a parent, be prepared to monitor classroom placement and don't be afraid to advocate for your child as a whole, none else will!!

Posted July 27, 2013
Tyrrell is a great school all of the students are so welcoming and the teachers are just incredibly helpful and help us excell to are highest! Therefore i give tyrrell five stars.

Tyrrell Middle School 4

Posted May 17, 2013
We moved our daughter into 6th grade in May at the end of the school year. It was a very big change for our daughter who had been in her previous school since pre-K. Mrs. Tansley and Mrs. Buzzelli knocked themselves out making it a very smooth transition for her and us. Our daughter feels confident about where she is at and loves the school and the teachers and had a very positive experience as a result of their efforts. The students were really great to her as an incoming student too!

Posted May 04, 2012
Tyrrell is an incredible school! The principal does an outstanding job running everything. There are also a variety of after school activities such as Student Council, Construction Engineering Club, and Drama Club. The teachers are great, as well. Many are funny and make learning fun. Along with being fun, they are also strict. This may seem bad, but it certainly isn't because. makes the school run very smoothly everyday. I have truly enjoyed myself at Tyrrell. I cannot picture any other middle school being better than it.

Posted February 22, 2012
This school is absolutely amazing! As a student, I believe that there are great and experienced teachers, healthy and delicious lunches, amuzing assemblies, and fun-filled activities/sports! I was a bit anxious when I started this middle school, but after the first day of schools, the teachers and kids here allowed me to fit in perfectly! Also, there is a great gifted program, Project Explore, here!

Posted May 16, 2011
This is such a great school!!! The faculty is second to none!!!! My child excelled, because of the dedication to the students!!!!

Posted August 25, 2009
Brilliant School! So many oppurtunities for your kids iI know it is for mine!

Posted March 09, 2009
Tyrrell is awesome! We have nice teachers, great programs and clubs, and lots of supplies that help us learn. I think Tyrrell makes learning as fun as it can be! (=

Tyrrell Middle School

Posted July 12, 2008
Tyrrell is a wonderful school. My first year going I was kind of scared, but the kind teachers welcomed me a helped me through the year.

Posted June 20, 2008
Tyrrell Middle School is an excellent place to learn. All of the teachers are very nice and you really learn a lot. As a Tyrrell Middle School graduate of 2008, I give the school 5 stars.

Tyrrell Middle School
500 Todd Rd, Wolcott, CT  06716
Last modified Tyrrell Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tyrrell Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top