Bad
Good

Mitchell Elementary has been the most wonderful, heartfelt, hometown school to our family. Our girls come bounding off the bus so happy with their little day. They bound back on the bus with the same excitement. I know that each parent holds different academic standards, but our children are happy, challenged and love school each and everyday. That says so much. Thank you Mitchell!

Woodbury Middle School.....if you're not rich you don't fit in here.........the kids are a bunch of bullies and the parents ignore the poor parents.

I've now had kids in this school for 3+ years now and have kids in the school now that they've undone the reconfiguration (which I personally loved). The teachers - truly outstanding, caring role models. Without exception, I haven't encountered even a mediocre teacher. They all go the extra mile with each of my kids. Mrs. Dains is "teacher of the year" material in my opinion. I don't know the administrators at all but then I'm not one of those parents in the classroom or building every day. I know my kids are doing well, love the school and are truly engaged. They love reading, math and going to school.

I love the grade 3 thru 5 configuration of our school because we are able to enjoy school-wide learning and extra curricular activities.

Because I've heard good reviews from people that live there in Conneticut.

While the building is dated and in need of some updating the school is made up of the most careing and wonderful teachers. The children are so thoughtful of each other. With a large number of children needing special education services this is so important.

I really have to wonder whether this 'parent' has any children enrolled at the elementary level- there is no science curriculum in place; there are no textbooks; there is no talented and gifted program and funding is abysmal- the 'ugly' element consists of the administrators who chose to act in an extremely unprofessional manner by making vast changes with no communication and no research. This is why people move to Woodbury to retire and not to raise children, and I am sure that practice is now solidly in place thanks to Dr. Cronin and his policies. I know this must be hard on local real estate, but Regon 14's test scores are inferior to all surrounding areas includng but certainly not limted to Southbury and Middlebury.

This is a great little school with some very good teachers and an administration that is very aggressively working on curriculum. Sadly, a change in configuration of grade levels brought out a small but vocal group of parents that have acted out in an ugly, nonproductive way. Much of this has settled down in recent months as people see that sometimes changes are good.

I agree, it's very disorganized to the point of being unsafe and the communication between parents and the administration is AWFUL.

Region 14 has most unfortunately been victimized by an incredibly disfunctional and incompetent administration as of 2006. The younger grades have been transferred to a neighboring community and the results have been disastrous- the administration spends all their time struggling to cope with the logistical nightmare while the academic standards flounder. If you are considering moving to the area and you have small children, consider another town, Southbury or Middlebury perhaps.

Last modified Mitchell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.