Posted June 20, 2014
Moving my kids from a private school, I was very skeptical and heard horror stories; however, Wilbur has helped me realize that there is not a significant difference in quality of public-vs-private schools. If a child is not excelling at Wilbur, it's not due to the staff at the school. Parent involvement is a must. My experience at Wilbur has been excellent for both of my kids.

Wilbur (Kathleen H.) Elementary 3

Posted April 29, 2014
Wilbur is a great School. Both my sons attend and they always tell how much love going. The teachers and staff are willing to go the extra mile to help in any situation. I definitely recommended Wilbur elementary to all that I know.

Posted November 06, 2013
Relatively new school with excellent teachers that care about the students. My daughter loved kindergarten and now loves her first grade teachers. Safe and clean environment. Would recommend.

Posted October 24, 2013
My granddaughter really like her school. This is her second year at Wilber. She was really glad th no longer be attending her previous school. This school has great security and the staff all seem to enjoy their job. They really focus on the children's needs.

Posted February 14, 2013
I love this school! The teachers are fantastic and the principal is AWESOME! You and your child will feel welcome there.

Posted January 28, 2013
My daughter just started at this school this year, in 1st grade. We have had an awesome experience all the way around. The teach is fantastic, communicates weekly and immediately responds to e-mails and folder communication. The principle sets the tone for the teachers and students to follow and it appears to be working. Great school, positive attitudes, excellent PTA.

Posted July 25, 2012
IMAO-its a great school almost all of my sons classmates got 4s in math and did better than average in reading

Wilbur (Kathleen H.) Elementary 1

Posted January 08, 2012
As a parent of three kids at this school, I am extremely disappointed. The class time teaching is ineffective for the older kids who come home unprepared to complete assignments that were sent home b/c they ran out of class teaching time.The "specials" are a joke as the kids spend most of the time being reprimanded for not remaining quiet. No vocabulary or spelling tests. Science & Social Studies are on a sometime rotation. Younger kids get silly packets sent home on Monday to finish by Friday that is capable of completion in 1hour sitting. The reports cards offer no constructive assistance only scripted comments like "participates" and "listens". Teacher responses to parents are slow..two days and even up to a week. Of course there are a few exceptions like "Mr. X" updates class webpage weekly with classroom activities. Overall: uninterested, uninspiring and callous teaching staff.

Wilbur (Kathleen H.) Elementary
4050 Wrangle Hill Road, Bear, DE  19701
Last modified Wilbur (Kathleen H.) Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilbur (Kathleen H.) Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.