Posted August 18, 2013
Centreville School is a non-profit, independent school for children with learning disabilities ages 4 to 14. Class sizes are small and each student is given an Individualized Education Plan to foster success. Students are taught at their instructional level. Language and Occupational Therapy are offered on campus to students that demonstrate a need. All students are taught Arts and Sciences as well as offered athletics and after school clubs. Last year, Centreville School established a relationship with Layton Preparatory School which shares the same goals and values but at the secondary education level. To learn more please go to the website www.centrevilleschool.org.

Posted June 08, 2011
My son currently attends Centreville School and we are very happy with our decision to send him there. All of the faculty are wonderful and extremely patient. Not only has my son's teacher made a huge impact on him, but all of the teachers know his name and work with him throughout the day. The head of school is always available and is greeting the families in the morning car line. I love all of the opportunities for parent involvement, which allows me see how well the school is run and leaves me feeling confident that my son is at the right school. Worth every penny!

Posted September 23, 2010
My son is in his 7th year at Centreville School and my daughter attended just for the 8th grade. Both have diagnosed learning disabilities. I love this place! Because of the patience of the faculty, built-in social intelligence and therapy programs, and individualized education plans, my son has been able to mature and learn how to manage his ADHD while maintaining his confidence and self-esteem, which is most important. He will definitely be ready when it is time to go to high school. My daughter attended for 8th grade and it did so much to prepare her for her transition to high school. She was confident, happy and ready! The leadership of the school is fantastic with a Head of School that is a great communicator, supportive of the faculty and staff, makes the students a priority, is caring and has a backbone to run the school. Great school!

Posted September 22, 2010
My daughter attended Centreville School for 3 years. Her improvement in reading, writing, math, and most importantly, her self esteem were remarkable. She is now a very successful high school student taking Advanced Placement literature and biology courses. Not too bad for a child who struggled to even read a book 6 years ago.

Centreville Layton School
6201 Kennett Pike, Centreville, DE  19807
Last modified Centreville Layton School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Centreville Layton School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews.