Claymont Elementary School 5

Posted November 01, 2014
My daughter is in 3rd grade now and I am thrilled she is going to this school. The teachers have all been wonderful and tailor their teaching to individual students. There are options for troubled kids - some get time out of the classroom to work on their issues and to help minimize classroom distraction. The students are very well-behaved and mindful of each other, especially compared to my school growing up! The bullying program seems to have sunk in really well, as the kids know what to do when someone is being a bully. I'm impressed with the cafeteria food - whole grains, lots of veggies, FREE! I just wish there were better vegetarian options for the students. The teachers are very accessible and willing to help if you have any questions or issues. I always tell everyone how great this school has been for my daughter.

Claymont Elementary School 1

Posted September 12, 2012
I am only rating this school a one because I can't give a negative score. I'm sure their are a few good teachers but they would be the exception. The principal talks good, but when their is a real issue he was nowhere to be found. When I called because I had an issue about my child's teacher, instead of transferring the call to the principal as I had asked, they told me he wasn't in the building for the day. A few hours later I receive a call from the teacher. Why did she call? the principle finally returned my call 3 months later. Unless your child is a convict in training and you as a parent could care less stay as far away from this place as you can

Claymont Elementary School
3401 Green Street, Claymont, DE  19703
Last modified Claymont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Claymont Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 2 reviews. Top