Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)

Providence Creek Academy Charter School 5

Posted December 08, 2015
In 2012, my son got an admission to both PCA and the regular school district but I was yet to make up my mind on either of them. My neighbor had told me about PCA which made me fill the application but I wasn't convinced yet if I wanted him to go. During the summer break, I went to the Smyrna public library to study and this lady walked in with 2 girls to coach them and they all sat opposite my seat. I was more than impressed with the way she handled those kids and when she got done, I ran after her to ask her if she runs a private school and she said she is a kindergarten teacher in PCA. I told her that the same school that offered my son an admission but I was yet to decide on the offer. She told me her name but I never stored it. I ran home and told my husband that I am convinced that PCA is where God wanted our son to attend and I shared my experience at the library with him. On the "meet n greet" day, I walked into my son's classroom and I remembered I had seen the teacher's face before and she said the same thing too. Immediately it clicked that it was the same teacher I saw at Smyrna library a couple of months earlier. Another confirmation that PCA is the right place for my son. My son is doing excellently well, his 2 siblings now attend PCA and they have made me very proud. I do see other kids that attend other schools within our development and I must say that "PCA MAINTAINS A HIGH STANDARD OF DISCIPLINE". I like that a lot because I am a disciplinarian and I cannot tolerate any slackness. When all the kids are waiting for the school bus in the morning, PCA kids stand out among others and this I have seen every single day since 2012. My kids are doing great hence I give a 6-star (extra one star is for students' good behavior). I would recommend PCA to anyone based on my personal experience. A mother of 3 PCA kids.

Posted August 21, 2015
Pulled my child out of kindergarten week before school. Terrible experience with principal and faculty.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 09, 2015
Concerns for all students' well being is scene through the school's policies. Staff cares deeply about the students.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 09, 2015
The children wear uniforms, and are taught respect to not only the staff, but their fellow students. This doesn't mean that all students are pals.

Posted March 30, 2015
I pulled 2 kindergarten children out even before final enrollment. The staff is the absolute worst!!

Posted April 28, 2014
This has been a challenging school to accept as a whole. Between the lackadaisical staff and unresponsive teachers I find that this will be my daughters last year. They do not stick with there school policy and change it accordingly to the staffs needs as apposed the parents needs. They charge an outrageous amount for field trips that are free to the public. It is an open campus so during our storm they had to take extra days off of school more than other local schools....etc etc...on top of it the DCAS scoring is notso good yet send my child home with an 1.5 hours of homework every night

Posted November 30, 2013
This is the first year I've enrolled my daughter into this school and I cannot get her out fast enough. Her teacher is wonderful, new to the profession but she is trying her best giving the limited resources she is offered by the administration. In fact, you can tell most of the teachers (with the exception of a few) are rather young. From what I've heard, they have a high turnover and seem to only be able to recruit young teachers. It has become very difficult to meet with the principal or anyone else in the administration. I'm always told they are "in a meeting", or "on a conference call" (we all know what that means) or that they will take my number and call me back (they never do). You can also tell that the school is too concerned with their physical image - no expense spared on the landscaping or athletic fields. But from what the teacher tells me, she has to spend her own money on classroom supplies, furniture, and she even had to pay to get her own classroom painted! Security to me is also a concern. You can easily walk around campus before being noticed. And it's too easy for a kid to let someone into the building by themselves.

Providence Creek Academy Charter School 4

Posted October 04, 2013
I've been at PCA for 9 years and I think its a great school overall. I excel in the grades and tests scores. The teachers really care about the student well being emotionally and academically. The environment in the school is friendly. Mostly everyone knows each other and gets along. The teachers share a bond with the class bigger than just learning. We laugh and have a good time but we actually learn something. I recommend this school to anyone with a passion for learning. This is my last year at PCA and I know I'm going to miss the memories I've made for the past 9 years. -A student at PCA, 8th grader

273 Duck Creek Road, Clayton, DE  19938
Last modified Providence Creek Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Providence Creek Academy Charter School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top