Providence Creek Academy Charter School 1

Posted April 28, 2014
This has been a challenging school to accept as a whole. Between the lackadaisical staff and unresponsive teachers I find that this will be my daughters last year. They do not stick with there school policy and change it accordingly to the staffs needs as apposed the parents needs. They charge an outrageous amount for field trips that are free to the public. It is an open campus so during our storm they had to take extra days off of school more than other local schools....etc etc...on top of it the DCAS scoring is notso good yet send my child home with an 1.5 hours of homework every night

Providence Creek Academy Charter School 1

Posted November 30, 2013
This is the first year I've enrolled my daughter into this school and I cannot get her out fast enough. Her teacher is wonderful, new to the profession but she is trying her best giving the limited resources she is offered by the administration. In fact, you can tell most of the teachers (with the exception of a few) are rather young. From what I've heard, they have a high turnover and seem to only be able to recruit young teachers. It has become very difficult to meet with the principal or anyone else in the administration. I'm always told they are "in a meeting", or "on a conference call" (we all know what that means) or that they will take my number and call me back (they never do). You can also tell that the school is too concerned with their physical image - no expense spared on the landscaping or athletic fields. But from what the teacher tells me, she has to spend her own money on classroom supplies, furniture, and she even had to pay to get her own classroom painted! Security to me is also a concern. You can easily walk around campus before being noticed. And it's too easy for a kid to let someone into the building by themselves.

Providence Creek Academy Charter School 4

Posted October 04, 2013
I've been at PCA for 9 years and I think its a great school overall. I excel in the grades and tests scores. The teachers really care about the student well being emotionally and academically. The environment in the school is friendly. Mostly everyone knows each other and gets along. The teachers share a bond with the class bigger than just learning. We laugh and have a good time but we actually learn something. I recommend this school to anyone with a passion for learning. This is my last year at PCA and I know I'm going to miss the memories I've made for the past 9 years. -A student at PCA, 8th grader

Providence Creek Academy Charter School 4

Posted October 31, 2010
This is my son's Kindergarten year at PCA and we all LOVE it so far. He has learned a LOT, both in core subjects and also in specials, especially in Music. His teacher is wonderful, always going above and beyond to help the students out in whatever way she can. My only regret is that my daughter(5th grade) DIDN'T get into PCA this year because there weren't enough spots(28 students on the waiting list!) I wish they'd open a 4th 5th grade class to accomodate some of this students! I sure hope she gets in next year.

Providence Creek Academy Charter School
273 Duck Creek Road, Clayton, DE  19938
Last modified Providence Creek Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Providence Creek Academy Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top