Delmar Middle School 2

Posted January 14, 2013
I agree that Delmar puts more focus on athletics than academics. Frequently both of my children come home with no clue on how to complete homework or what is needed for projects because it was not gone over on class first. The teachers strive to do thier best, but with crowded classrooms, it is a struggle for them to reach all of thier students. My main concerns with the school is that they have an anti-bullying policy instituted in their school handbook and do not follow it. The Dean of Students does not take the job seriously and does nothing to protect the students at the school. Unfortunately it is not just the Dean of Students, I would go as far to say that the majority of the administration care more for state numbers than the students. What should be a safe school is no longer safe for our students. This saddens me as I understand Delmar was once an excellent school.

Delmar Middle School 4

Posted May 30, 2011
Very dissatisfied at substitutes interjected in middle of the year who do not know the subject matter nor proper teaching/grading methods. Also surprised at hearing that some teachers treat students in a degrading manor at times. But I don't think that this is the only place it happens nor without some cause. But still I would think there would be refrain on part of the teachers. They are setting an example. In fairness to the school, it does have many great and very qualified teachers who definitely uphold the best standards and do their best to convey excellence to all. Visits to the school have been pleasant and all but one or two teachers have been available and interested in giving feedback about their class.

Delmar Middle School
200 North 8th Street, Delmar, DE  19940
Last modified Delmar Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Delmar Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 2 reviews.