Delmar High School 5

Posted March 31, 2011
I would like to follow up to the review written yesterday. My son is a middle school student at DMSHS and we are VERY pleased with the school, the education he is receiving, the involvement of his teachers and the administration, and even the cafeteria. We appreciate the dress code and the zero tolerance policy for behavior. This makes my son's learning environment so much more conducive to learning. All questions posed to both teachers, counselors, and administrators have been answered quickly and concerns addressed promptly, if necessary. I have complete confidence in the level of security, education, and spirit of community that is present at Delmar. I have and will continue to speak highly of this school; we feel very blessed that our children will have an opportunity to learn and grow at such a great school!

Delmar High School 1

Posted March 30, 2011
I have many complaints about this school. Teachers are constantly out and being replaced by substitutes that know nothing about the subject. The Principal and Vice Principal do not play a part in the school hardly at all. The cafeteria food is AWFUL. That's not even a joke. The hotdogs taste like rubber, cookies are always over or under cooked, the food is usually cold, the apples and bananas are always rotten, burgers are crunchy and soggy, and kids have noticed mold in wraps from the deli. The dress codes aren't cool, but they aren't that hard to get used to. Many teachers do not care about their students grades, and tend to give work before teaching the students the material. Overall, this is not a very good school anymore. They need to make serious changes, and fast.

Delmar High School
200 North 8th Street, Delmar, DE  19940
Last modified Delmar High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Delmar High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 2 reviews.