Posted February 19, 2013
St. John's Lutheran is a wonderful school! The administration and teachers are caring, well educated professionals that are dedicated to academic excellence and committed to helping every student reach their potential and feel valued. The Christian atmosphere and focus provides a framework that fosters confidence, character, and leadership skills. They have many opportunities to serve others in our community through various projects during the school year. One of the best things about St. John's Lutheran is that the students and staff treat each other with respect and kindness. Dr. Vendetti is an excellent administrator with a clear vision for the school! I highly recommend this school if you are seeking a private education for your child.

Posted February 24, 2012
St Johns Lutheran School means so much to my children and our family. We feel like valued and loved members of this school family. I have seen my girls grow not only in academics, but as whole people and as leaders in their community. They demonstrate compassion for their peers and members of the community both locally and globally by initiating and participating in community projects to help provide for the needs of others. This school is absolutely the BSITU (best school in the universe) because of the truly wonderful staff and principal who obviously care very deeply for my children and for teaching.

Posted February 09, 2012
Not only is St. John's Lutheran School the best school in the universe (BSITU), but it a true family for both my daughter and myself. My second grader loves going to school every day and she can't wait to tell me all the things she learned each and every day. The education they receive is superior to any other local school and the christian education is taught in a fun and hands on way. All you have to do is come to the morning assembly , which they have every morning including a chapel service once a week, to experience the love these children, teachers and parents have for the Lord and each other. The leadership program that these children are taught is very unique and not only teaches them how to be good leaders, but how to be good leaders in their community and do God's work. I knew my daughter was going to attend this school when she was only two years old and would encourage anyone looking for an excellent christian education, nurturing and safe environment and truly loving staff and parents to visit St. John's Lutheran School today!

Posted February 02, 2012
I have 3 children going to St. John's and can honestly say I wouldn't send them anywhere else. St. John's not only offers an outstanding academic program, the teachers there are top notch, caring and supportive of each and every child. The Christian atmosphere and the love that you see between child to child and teacher to child is amazing and so important in this age we live in. I see the children everyday and the smiles, laughter and knowledge that is witnessed is something that warms a Mother's heart. I know I am sending my kids to the Best School in the Universe and I thank God for the St. John's Lutheran school, the awesome principal and the incredible teachers there.

Posted February 02, 2012
Wonderful school with almost everything I wanted. If you want a school that truly cares about your children and their whole being, this is it!

Posted February 02, 2012
As a grandparent, I couldn't be happier with the Best School in the Universe (BSITU). The entire family, including grandparents, are encouraged to become involved in the BSITU family. I especially value morning assembly where my grandchildren start their day with praise songs and prayer which is student led. Academically, St. John's is superior -- I especially like the literature course for the middle school students. Although St. John's is a Lutheran school,students from all walks of lives are welcomed and all are encouraged to have a personal relationship with Jesus. Also, my grandchildren can't wait to perform in the Christmas Play and Spring Play as well as the Annual International Dance Festival. My grandchildren are learning that service to the community is important, and they love visit ing their friends at Heritage Assisted Living. Each year, the principal, Dr. Vendetti, does a silly stunt that the children earn by raising funds for a worthwhile project. My grandchildren have learned about the homeless, and children without water in Haiti through these service projects. St. John's is more than willing to work with folks to help pay for the tuition.

Posted January 04, 2012
As a military family that usually attends public schools, we were disappointed after two years in the CR district and knew we needed another option. Poor academics and mediocrity were the norm for the school. That's how we came to Saint John's Lutheran School. We are a Christian family; however, we actually came to SJLS largely so our kids would receive a good strong academic education. We got so much more than strong academics! In addition to strong academics, the students are regularly involved in leadership/service opportunities and they are taught to apply Biblical principles throughout their day. They are also taught to be considerate/compassionate - we had no idea how much we were sacrificing in our kids' education by having them in the CR district. We have found the SJLS teachers to be challenging /knowledgeable.The principal is a visionary who knows the kids by name AND is genuinely interested in their lives. We settled for "that's just they way things are" as an excuse in the public schools for too long . . . SJLS sets the bar high and then helps the kids reach it (academically, socially, and spiritually). A true find . . . a rarity. We are so thankful!

St. John's Lutheran School
1156 Walker Road, Dover, DE  19904
Last modified St. John's Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. John's Lutheran School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.