Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Campus Community School 5

Posted May 23, 2016
I have two, soon to be three, children attending CCS. This school has been awesome. My children are thriving at this school. They are able to learn with hands on and not just reading from a text book. The teachers actually communicate with the parents. If there's an issue or he teachers notice something is off with your child they inform you. From a school community garden to watching eggs hatch into chicks to local field trips the kids are constantly absorbing new information in a fun way. The after school STEAM program is an added bonus. Mr. Travers, The principal, cares about the children and the staff makes an effort to get to know all the families. They have smaller smaller class sizes. The kids approve of the breakfast and lunch, more so than what I pack for them haha.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted May 23, 2016
It depends on the class.... My first graded has homework every night and has to complete any work they don't finish in class, which can take up a great deal of time some days. So far this year my fourth grade hasn't gotten any homework.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 14, 2015
I have three children attending Campus, and each of them have great teachers. This last school year was our first at Campus, and there's no way we're going back to public school. I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of communication the teachers were willing to have with parents. I actually got responses to the few emails/notes I sent! The movement that is allowed in the classroom as well as the teaching style has helped my children immensely. They have a greater desire to go to school and to learn now.

Campus Community School 5

Posted July 14, 2015
The small class size, teaching based on choice theory, and the quality of the teachers have far surpassed my expectations. This last year was our family's dust year at Campus, three students attending. The only trouble we ever had was with a teacher that ended up being let go before winter break. Everyone else was spectacular! My children actually want to go to school now and they're self direction with learning that they've developed since attending Campus speaks for itself. We're never going back to public school.

Campus Community School 1

Posted November 24, 2014
My child attended this school for several years. it is chaotic and unprofessional. The teachers are uneducated in education, special education, communication with parents and work ethic. They are also, based on my observations, lazy, inattentive and just there to collect a pay check. Highly recommend NOT sending your children here if you care at all about their education and self esteem.

Campus Community School 1

Posted August 04, 2011
My child has been attending the high school for the past three years and I could not be more disappointed. I had severals meetings with the principal over the years regardings difficulties he has in the classroom and received no support. I had to take my child myself to get a full educational assessment done . $1,000 later I learned my child does have a learning disability. I informed the school and asked for an IEP. I was told he didn't need one, they would take care of it. They did not and I got help from an outside source. Some teachers are very unprofessional and unwilling to work with parents citing my child is old enough to advocate for himself. If your child needs any extra help or attention do not consider this school. We are transferring our child and feel we have wasted three years of education . It's a very hard lesson learned.

350 Pear Street, Dover, DE  19904
Last modified Campus Community School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.