Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

This school does not provide an environment for learning. Many disruptions and fights in the classroom. My son just started attending this school and the complaints are coming in daily: fighting, disruptions, disorganization, building is in disrepair (bathroom sinks and toilets do not work) and classrooms are understaffed.

Amount of homework: Disagree

There really isn't much given. I was told that the students can only be graded on work completed at school. Homework is only busy work and nothing more.

Develops character: Disagree

The school did not allow my child to call me when she asked twice yesterday following this situation. The school waited all day before even trying to make contact with me and then did not leave a message. I called the school and asked what they wanted and the office had no idea. I called back and told the office what happened and asked for the man who handled the situation. I had to leave him a message and wait for him to call me. This incident happened approx 7am and I did not hear from the school until 3pm. What honesty, integrity or fairness was shown to my child or me?

The communication from the school is horrible. I have had scheduled meetings where the staff that was scheduled did not show up. Incidents have not been reported to me as a parent. My child was attacked at the bus stop before school and I did not find out about it until my child called me walking home from the bus stop after school. The other child admitted to the attack, and according to the dean of discipline gave the same account. She then rode the same bus home with my child. I was told that the incident was handled as dictated by school policy. What is the punishment for this?

Terrible school. If you have any other options you should run towards them. They do not seem to know what their own rules and policies are. They hold the students accountable for anything they can, but don't have the same standards themselves. A lot of fighting that is ignored and allowed. The weaker students pay the price at the hands of the known bullies and trouble makers.

This school is HORRIBLE!!! Teachers, students...ALL OF IT!! Bullying is an issue with my daughter. She has to worry about getting picked on everyday! I can't wait to get her OUT of there! We are MOVING to a better school district!!!!!

I have worked in other school but I love William Henry Middle School! I have worked here for 4 years and I know that the principal, teachers, and staff genuinely care for of the students. We have don't a lot of things to improve the climate so, kids want to be in school. We have done several activities to improve student success in Reading and Math. There are new afterschool programs that get students engaged in academics as well as pro-social activities. I'm proud to have worked here.

I've had two children attend WHMS since the change in administration and they LOVED it. Let your kids be kids and they will enjoy it too.The negative rumors in the community need to be buried! This is a different school and it is great school.

I've had 2 children, a niece and a nephew attend William Henry in the past 2 years and I've been very pleased. Yeah, there were concerns from time to time but the principal was very responsive and immediately handled my issues. As a Hartly mom that worries all the time, I was comfortable and at ease within the first couple of months of school. It really is a new place.

My daughter just completed 6th grade. She had a wonderful two years at WHM. Great leadership and extra curricular activities. The majority of her teachers have been above average and problems were dealt with swiftly.

Last modified William Henry Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.