Harrington, DE
After care: No

Chipman (W.T.) Middle School 2

Posted September 04, 2013
I was a resident of the Lake Forest district my whole life, grew up and graduated from LF. It was just an ok school for me yrs ago and it is now what I would consider one of the worst districts in the state. My son who is an accelerated student was bullied constantly and complaints to the administration were basically ignored. He had two good teachers for 6th and 7th grade, the rest could have cared less. My daughter was in 4th grade last year (Central Elementary) and it was a total waste of a year. Needless to say, they are now enrolled in a much better district and are attending the 2 top rated schools in the district. Their attitude in the early days is all I need to see I made the right decision. If you are considering moving to this district or choicing based on the fluff the superintendent puts out be advised you will be making the biggest mistake ever!!!

Chipman (W.T.) Middle School 1

Posted April 02, 2013
Both my kid's have been in Lake Forest since they started school. W.T.Chipman is the worst school ever for bullying both my children have been bullied there. They show favoritism and treat some children unfair. They need to spend more time on reading and writing instead of reviewing for state testing, maybe if they taught it well in class they wouldn't need to spend so much time reviewing. Who ever heard of getting in trouble for going to the bathroom, that's a bunch of bull . If students need to wear a uniform why doesn't teacher's? My son got out three years ago and went to Polytech ,where he has done awesome since he has been there and I can't wait for my daughter to get out of this school and go to Polytech where she can actually learn something. Polytech is a great school where the teachers actually care about their students

Chipman (W.T.) Middle School 4

Posted October 19, 2011
I think that there is a good administration who is trying to do good things for this school. My son has been very happy here. I do think the curriculum may be behind the last state we lived in but I do know accelerated classes are available if your child needs a challenge. There is a lot of encouragement for parents to be involved that I have not always found at the middle school level. Of course there are some teachers and students that are less than stellar but that's everywhere. I disagree with the students having limited bathroom breaks and not being allowed to have a water bottle those are things that should be changed. Stay involved and I think you'll be happy here.

Chipman (W.T.) Middle School
101 West Center Street, Harrington, DE  19952
Last modified Chipman (W.T.) Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chipman (W.T.) Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top