PK-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

While I work at Wilmington Christian School now, prior to my employment, my son attended Wilmington Christian School through 12th grade. He is now enrolled in college, and doing well. WCS did a fantastic job of providing a strong foundation upon which he could build a successful college career, and more importantly, provided a seamless connection between what my husband and I were teaching him at home, and what was being reinforced by our church. Some may refer to private school tuition as a sacrifice; I prefer to think of it as an investment...the best investment that we ever made!
October 09, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (10 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (9 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (9 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (5 responses)

Posted December 28, 2015
Wcs has caring teachers, dedicated coaches, and conscientious students, creating a safe and fun environment in which to learn and grow.

Posted December 11, 2015
WCS has been such a great place for our children to be and I am so glad and fortunate that both of our children have been at WCS from Kindergarten through 12th grade. Academically the classes were wonderful and mixed in was the Biblical views that helped them learn and grow. I felt they were prepared for college and the friendships they have made will be long lasting, bonded in their relationship with God and each other.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 09, 2015
Compassion, caring, and empathy are integrated into all of the interactions students have throughout the day from Pk - grade 12. These are core values that are evident in the Christian life and are at the heart of WCS.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 09, 2015
WCS teaches students personal responsibility, honesty, and respect for everyone. They focus on the whole child and his/her development as a responsible citizen in our world.

Posted December 09, 2015
We love WCS! They have a very strong Christ-centered academic curriculum. Students are encouraged to achieve their best in academic, social, emotional, and spiritual areas. Teachers and staff truly care about the students. It's like being part of a big, wonderful family!

Posted December 09, 2015
My daughter attended K - 12. As a single parent, I needed a place where I knew she would be with people who believe (spiritually) like we do and would reinforce Christian values - let's face it...she was at school more than she was with me. She is now a college graduate - a nurse, and working in full-time ministry. WCS provided a solid foundation, both spiritually and academically. It was definitely a financial sacrifice for her to attend, but the investment I made, and the seeds that are sown, will be reaping immeasurable benefits for eternity.

Posted December 09, 2015
I have one child at WCS. We chose WCS because of its outstanding one-on-one educational therapy program, and most important, because it prepares students to enter the world with a strong Biblical view - something we feel is absolutely necessary as young people fight to survive in a secular society. Headmaster Bill Stevens and Principal Doug Haas are outstanding administrators and Christian leaders - they walk the talk and expect students and faculty to do the same. My child LOVES her teachers and has grown academically and spiritually in ways we never would have imagined. WCS is a great school.

Posted December 09, 2015
We entered WCS as a high school freshmen and I must admit that my daughter has blossomed into a beautiful young lady as a result, in part, of her experience there. The small intimate setting allowed her the ability to engage her teachers on a more personal level so that she was comfortable seeking guidance when she needed it. We couldn't have chosen a better high school experience!

Posted December 09, 2015
I have 3 children in WCS. My oldest is senior and has been there since PK-4. Wcs is part of our family. They have helped prepare my son for college and for the challenges the world will bring. All of my children have different learning needs and are educated with God and their unique needs in mind. It is the only choice of schools for us!

Posted December 09, 2015
Our three children attended Wilmington Christian for Middle School and High School. I have also worked in the high school for the past fifteen years. Something unique about WCS is how kindly the students treat each other and how caring the teachers are.

825 Loveville Road, Hockessin, DE  19707
Last modified Wilmington Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Wilmington Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 100 reviews. Top