PK-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

While I work at Wilmington Christian School now, prior to my employment, my son attended Wilmington Christian School through 12th grade. He is now enrolled in college, and doing well. WCS did a fantastic job of providing a strong foundation upon which he could build a successful college career, and more importantly, provided a seamless connection between what my husband and I were teaching him at home, and what was being reinforced by our church. Some may refer to private school tuition as a sacrifice; I prefer to think of it as an investment...the best investment that we ever made!
October 09, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (10 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (11 responses)

All three of our children have attended Wilmington Christian School since kindergarten. We were looking for a school where: 1. Christ is preeminent. 2. That provides excellent education in the full range of academics, arts and sports. 3. Where the children were safe. No school is perfect, and each family has to make the choice that is right for them. For our family WCS has been a great place to be. The teachers and administration do love the Lord, and this is reflected in their love and care for the students. Academically our children have done very well. Two have since graduated and gone onto to college where they are doing very well. Both received very good academic merit scholarships. During their time at WCS they participated in a variety of sports, arts and other activities. We do feel that WCS prepared them very well for college and for life. Again as we said earlier, no school is perfect (It is made up of imperfect people like ourselves). But one thing that has really stood out to us over the 16 years that we have been at the school is that at no time did the kids ever say that they didn't want to go to school. They have all made a good friends and found it to be a safe and nurturing environment in which to receive an education. We highly recommend Wilmington Christian School.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

This of course varies teacher by teacher. You will always have though few special ones that really brought the subject to life for the child. In general though I would say that most all the teachers have been effective educators.

Amount of homework: Agree

There is a good bit, but it was doable and helped them to persevere and learn their subjects well.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They hold to the Word of God. His Word is very clear on these topics. So this is reinforced with the students.

Wilmington Christian School is a blessing to our entire family. Every teacher our child has encountered has taken a genuine interest in her success, and she has made a strong connection between the Biblical world view of all she is learning and its importance in daily life. The WCS Fine Arts and choral programs are exemplary, and the Educational Therapy Program is outstanding. The love and fellowship demonstrated by the administration has embraced all of us, and our child is well on track to be successful in college.

Wcs has caring teachers, dedicated coaches, and conscientious students, creating a safe and fun environment in which to learn and grow.

WCS has been such a great place for our children to be and I am so glad and fortunate that both of our children have been at WCS from Kindergarten through 12th grade. Academically the classes were wonderful and mixed in was the Biblical views that helped them learn and grow. I felt they were prepared for college and the friendships they have made will be long lasting, bonded in their relationship with God and each other.

Develops character: Strongly agree

WCS teaches students personal responsibility, honesty, and respect for everyone. They focus on the whole child and his/her development as a responsible citizen in our world.

We love WCS! They have a very strong Christ-centered academic curriculum. Students are encouraged to achieve their best in academic, social, emotional, and spiritual areas. Teachers and staff truly care about the students. It's like being part of a big, wonderful family!

My daughter attended K - 12. As a single parent, I needed a place where I knew she would be with people who believe (spiritually) like we do and would reinforce Christian values - let's face it...she was at school more than she was with me. She is now a college graduate - a nurse, and working in full-time ministry. WCS provided a solid foundation, both spiritually and academically. It was definitely a financial sacrifice for her to attend, but the investment I made, and the seeds that are sown, will be reaping immeasurable benefits for eternity.

Last modified Wilmington Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12