Bad
Good

My child attended Sanford for 3 years, 3rd-5th grade, then we moved out of state. The educators are amazing! I would give the school 10 stars if my rating was based on them alone! My child was encouraged to expand her world in so many directions. We were happy to go to school everyday! I REALLY wish that I could rate the administration separately. The very top administrator has been heard making disparaging comments about students from "less desirable" neighborhoods. The children of administrators are allowed to be bullies and nothing is done about it. I guess the apple DOESN'T fall far from the tree. I don't know how a school can continue to grow when the leadership is lacking basic manners and human compassion.

This school is awesome. I attended a year in the upper school and I'm really bummed to be leaving (I'm going to school in a different state next year). I loved a lot about Sanford. Their athletics are mostly no-cut (which means if you come out to play a sport, you'll be placed on a team) but still competitive, the dress code is pretty relaxed (although they come after you sometimes if you break it), the academics are challenging and the teachers are motivated (for the most part), and the sense of community was there every day you walked in the building. I've made some really great friends at Sanford that I'm sad to be leaving. There are a couple areas the school could improve on, however. I always noticed communication lacked at times from the school and staff (everyone thought the Homecoming dance started at different times last year). The arts program is really eh right now, but they are, however, in the process of building a new arts center, which I'm hoping will help to improve the program. Also, random, but when it was snowy or icy out, maintenance wasn't always the best at getting rid of it on the walkways, especially for the first few classes of the day.

Sanford promotes itself as a school that is tolerant and inviting, but it may as well be a charter school. They are not open to bright kids who think out of the box. If you want your child to to score well on tests, then perhaps it's the right school. Whether it really teaches kids to be curious and lifelong learners, I recommend you keep searching. There are much better institutions that cater to a more well-rounded human being.

Sanford school is OK for lower school and middle school. However, I would not recommend it for the upper (9-12) school. The quality of the teachers and administrators is sub-par. They also spend a ridiculous amount recruiting for their star basketball team and not enough on things like physical plant, technology etc. Look carefully at the other private schools in the area - when you compare Sanford you will see they come up short in these areas.

My daughter, grade 9, and son, grade 7, are new to the school this year. We absolutely love it. I can't say enough about how friendly and inviting the families and staff are. After attending back to school nights I am even more impressed with the faculty and the education my children are receiving. Not to mention the beautiful campus; it is nicer than many college campuses I've seen! The new head of school, Mark Anderson, is a dynamic leader who is doing some great things at Sanford. But don't take my word for it, check it out for yourself and you will be glad you did :)

Sanford sucks so bad i hate it here so glad i'm leaving the teachers are so so so mean trust me you do no want to go there!!!! Parents do not send your kid there unless you like when they can do nothing but homework and i get all A's and i'm up til 3:00 every night!!!!! Nobody go to sanford and parents do not send your kid or kids to sanford trust me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last modified Sanford School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12